Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe it's not that bad, but none of them own anything faster than a mid-14s car.

Here's the story:
I'm rolling down to the gas station to fuel up for my trip to Atco on Sunday. I pull in the station at the end of my street and there's Chris Nelson and some other "kids" hanging out with their "Low Intentions" car club sticker on the back windows. Chris acts like he doesn't know who I am when he knows perfectly well who I am.

They are all blowing me off until I roll away from the pump and say out the window, "So, are any of these cars actually fast? Yeah, that worked like a charm.

Soon I have some idiot in a supercharged POS S-10 saying he only races for titles. :rolleyes: Like a want a POS S-10. I whip out my wallet and pull out five twenties. I say, "I've got a hundred bucks, how about that?"
They start to grumble and discuss. I say, "You talk it over, I'm going to go tie my shoes." I tie my shoes on the curb and walk back over. I say, "No takers, how about $20." Still no one.

Finally, the only cool guy in the group says he'll race me for fun in his 90-something Corrado, bone stock with 94k, original clutch.

We race on Business Rt 1 for a little over a 1/4, I let him launch before I do and I destroy him by about five car lengths. We roll back to the gas station. He said he ground second because his clutch sucks. I told him he should get his clutch replaced then.

Chris says to give him six months and he'll race me. I said the only way he'll beat me in six months is if I stop modding now and that I have no intentions of doing that.

So goes my first full scale effort to build my reputation as a street monster. BTW, don't try this at home. ;)

-Jim

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
These guys better watch out. If you do a little pokin' around through the forums, you'll see that Jim is about to buy a new turbocharger, a TXS stealth exhaust, and who knows what else.

Jim is your signature still accurate?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bask Oner said:
Jim is your signature still accurate?
As of right this very second, yes. I am looking into the new GReddy kit or a VF34. Like I said, if I stopped modding NOW, Chris might be able to make his 98 Eclipse GS faster, but I would have to stop RIGHT NOW and unfortunately for him, I've got BIG plans or my car this summer.

-Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts

The fact that you've got "Corrado" written down the side of your car. And the fact that I've got "WRX two point O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gryphon,

In keeping with the "Snatch" theme, well done. The funny part is, the only one that truly appreciated how fast the WRX is was the only one that was willing to race me.

-Jim

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's great. I don't think I would ever have the balls to bet money on a race. Eastwood rocks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:

I've got BIG plans or my car this summer.

-Jim
Me too! Teins are coming soon and then vf34/sti injectors/walbro pump/MRT tmic and a nice long drive up to TurboXS for custom Stage4 tuning the unichip. Hope to be all done by end of september. Keep us posted on what you do for a turbo upgrade..vf34 seems to be the way to go from everthing i am reading, gotta love the quick spool of the BB turbo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
race for titles...

Great story btw...
One of the guys said he races for titles, but wouldn't race for a buck? I think he told you the lie in hopes you would get scared. Whatta monkey.

Some guy in a GSR was rev'ing at me when I was going through the intersections, but when I caught up to him and he heard a combination of the back firing catless txs exhaust and the BOV, he changed his mind and walked away with his tail between his legs...
:p

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of these dudes talk-the-talk, but never ever walk-the-walk. Wussies.

After I get my VF34 or other turbo, I'll race that dude with S10. I can always offer to sell it back to him for a couple hundred bucks.

-Jim

·
Registered
242 Posts
Way to represent Jim!

Since we're on The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly theme, BLONNNNDIIIIIEEE!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great Story jim!!! Are you sure these guys werent from the "Lower Expectations" Car club??? They are a bunch of f'ing idiots, i raced 2 of there mustangs before when they tried to do a flyby on me, and i imbarassed them lol

Rob

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wish I could do what you did Jim, but I live outside LA. There are tons of ricers, muscle car junkies, and other tuners that are just looking for a race. A lot of these guys can easily back up their smack, but most are just posers. I gotta wait til I add more power to my little scooby before I actually start to challenge people.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't know... I guess I'm too worried sometimes. Jim, watch out. I'm sure you're smart enough to do a little profiling work(I know, not politically correct...) before messing around with some street racers ( :rolleyes: ) like that. Plus you knew them. I would never, ever pull a Jim around here. Or Snatch would become a very sad reality in a split second. No kidding. You guys be careful. We have idiots driving around. Idiots posing as well next to their red lettering STI cars. And idiots ready to do something that would ruin your life one way or another.

But this story was a classic. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts