Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is that a FAKE FMIC? It sure looks that way.

-Shadow

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
That's the reflection of the intercooler on the ground. :rolleyes:

Nick, don't go saying something's fake when you don't even know what the real thing is! :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Nothing about that intercooler looks fake to me...that would be like me saying what I'm typing right now looks fake to me...

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Verdugo said:
Nothing about that intercooler looks fake to me...that would be like me saying what I'm typing right now looks fake to me...
In that shot, I had to examine it closer to see it was a reflection.
To me, at a quick glance, it looked fake. Then agian my not very observant.

What about shadow, didnt he think it was fake to or is a FMIC something else

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:

In that shot, I had to examine it closer to see it was a reflection.
To me, at a quick glance, it looked fake. Then agian my not very observant.

What about shadow, didnt he think it was fake to or is a FMIC something else

I don't know how anyone can say an intercooler looks fake, not only at first glance, but also because Wombat posted this and it wouldn't make any sense for him to post a fake intercooler on a WRX STi...not to mention, it's obvious in the other pics that the top mount intercooler is gone (the big turbo is there now) so logically, they would put a front mount intercooler. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Verdugo said:

I don't know how anyone can say an intercooler looks fake, not only at first glance, but also because Wombat posted this and it wouldn't make any sense for him to post a fake intercooler on a WRX STi...not to mention, it's obvious in the other pics that the top mount intercooler is gone (the big turbo is there now) so logically, they would put a front mount intercooler. It just doesn't make any logical sense.
Remember, were talking about me here.
Im not very logical, even more so when it comes to cars. Im still learning, its a mistake.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I noticed that the TMIC was removed, but even when WRX>MUSTANG reposted the picture I remain baffled. Where is the reflection? The IC looks like its paper thin. I know now that it is real, but man, the picture sure is deceiving.

-Shadow

·
Registered
174 Posts
Alright, I finally see it properly. Man, it was like one of those drawings where to see the "hidden" picture you have to unfocus your eyes. Sorry for the unintentional knock of that guy's STi.

-Shadow

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hehe yeah that intercooler is actually bigger than the radiator I think

there is another WRX around here that has done the FMIC conversion and taken off all the badges and body kit replaced it all with GL stuff except the bonnet, I'm guessing that will happen soon. It's the best sleeper i've ever seen :) It's white and looks like a mums run about car

1 - 20 of 32 Posts