ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys?

I've been noticing lately that my car sounds like it has a lifter ticking pretty loudly on the driver's side. It only does it after I've been out beating on the car. I can only hear it at idle and less than 2500rpm. Any of you have this same noise? Is it normal or something to be concerned about? I understand the boxer engine is louder in the valvetrain area than other motors are. This sounds like a lifter tick or an injector clicking. Would the injectors make more noise after beating on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Dale

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Is it only on the drivers side or does it also come from the passenger side of the engine?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is more audible on the driver's side. I can hear some noise from the passenger side also, but it's not that loud. It sounds like a noisy lifter or a loud injector.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I listened to another car and it sounds the exact same way as mine. The sounds I am hearing are normal.

I have noticed that the injectors are louder when the fuel light is on. Verified this with a mechanics stethoscope.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
1,556 Posts
Baluchitherium4 said:
I listened to another car and it sounds the exact same way as mine. The sounds I am hearing are normal.

I have noticed that the injectors are louder when the fuel light is on. Verified this with a mechanics stethoscope.
I wonder if we are hearing the same sound. Mine is from the driver side. Only happens when my car is actually moving.

·
5,799 Posts
I seem to recall an issue with the cam belt tensioner or some such that was creating ticking noises in some vehicles. I believe there was a SOA fix.

Do a search on I-club over the past year for "tensioner noise" and you will find many related threads.

Eg.

http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188785&highlight=tensioner+noise

Please report back here with the outcome of any dealership visits to get the problem diagnosed.

Thanks,

-Pace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts