Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m new to car forums in general & wanted to know if I could get some help. I have a 2015 WRX as my daily. March 22, 2019 I was on the freeway & heard a rattling sound, I drove my car home & parked I noticed every time I put my foot on the gas the rattle gets louder. Note it also rattles while idleing. I did boost on the freeway once & that’s when I noticed the sound right after. It wasn’t making that sound before hand. Anyone having a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update: it sounds like a rod knock. Sounds like a lawn mower. If it is I don’t understand how I got it. I maintain my car fairly well it’s @ 60k. I heard stories of ppl getting warranty from suabaru but I also heard ppl getting rejected. Any help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
There is a class action lawsuit over this problem. You likely drew the Short straw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m doing my thorough research on it as we speak. I read something that Subaru settled? 8 years 100,000 miles? Also heard it’s only the EJ motors. Idk what catagory mine falls in cuz I also heard some 2015’s have the FA motors as welI. I forgot to add in that my car is certified preowned w/ extended coverage on Powertrain. My car is stock & plan to keep it that way for the time being. Sounds like a dumb question but if it was a rod knock, would I be covered? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
It may be only the EJ. I didn't read the entirety of the suit.

Spun bearings are almost entirely from lack of lubrication to the bearings. Low oil, bad oil, bad pump, failed pickup, even manufacturing defect.

If the car isn't modified and you have an extended service contract i would follow that route for sure. Although Subaru shortblocks are not expensive, the labor will come back and get you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts