Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I know there are a ton of threads for it but I was looking to purchase the Blitz Nur Spec R catback for my 2002 WRX. I have heard that it's really damn loud but when I look at videos on YouTube of the exhaust with a stock downpipe, it doesn't seem to be too loud. Can anyone tell me if it is actually loud and that the videos don't capture the sound or if I'll want to get a downpipe as well. Thanks.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,755 Posts
Hey guys. I know there are a ton of threads for it but I was looking to purchase the Blitz Nur Spec R catback for my 2002 WRX. I have heard that it's really damn loud but when I look at videos on YouTube of the exhaust with a stock downpipe, it doesn't seem to be too loud. Can anyone tell me if it is actually loud and that the videos don't capture the sound or if I'll want to get a downpipe as well. Thanks.
Most YouTube videos grossly misrepresent volume.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
158 Posts
Compare it to this on an iPad or equivalent at max volume. https://youtu.be/VUjAuZJid4A
This is a catless up pipe, catless 3" down pipe and 3" HKS hi power. It's loud AF when I want it to be but if I want to be considerate to people in the middle of the night, I just throw it into a next higher gear or shift early (2k-3 1/2k rpm range) and it's just a gentle rumble that wouldn't really be noticed except by car enthusiasts. So I highly doubt the catback you're looking at would be louder than what I'm running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.