ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Autoblog

Lotus has been busily preparing its new Exige R-GT rally car, and the automaker just put the racer through its first shakedown tests in Turin, Italy. So far, the Lotus team is happy with the vehicle's progress, but testing will continue in 2012 as the company prepares to take on the 2012 FIA World Championship. Don't expect the Exige R-GT to take on too many gravel stages, however. Lotus says the rally car will lock horns with competitors in the FIA GT Class on the asphalt events in Monte Carlo, Tour de Corse and San Remo.

Lotus began working on its rally fighter in July, 2011, which is a pretty quick turn around for the vehicle's first shakedown run.

But the Exige R-GT Rally Car isn't the only tasty piece of news from the company. Lotus also fired up the company's IndyCar engine for the first time as well.

click: autoblog.com/2011/12/27/lotus-exige-r-gt-rally-car-gets-first-shakedown

:thumbup:... :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is a nice looking rally car it would be cool if they set that up to do some of the dirt road events. It would bring rally back to the old days with the Audi Quattro and Lancier Strata. The car looks alot like the Strata. Love It :D

Just a guess on how to spell Lancier and Strata.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Dear Ford,
Please return the RS200 to WRC.

Thank you,
Rogan

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tour de Corse and San Remo are in the IRC, so I don't know which "FIA World Championship" it thinks it's going to be competing in…

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
That is a nice looking rally car it would be cool if they set that up to do some of the dirt road events. It would bring rally back to the old days with the Audi Quattro and Lancier Strata. The car looks alot like the Strata. Love It :D

Just a guess on how to spell Lancier and Strata.

I miss my Ur-Q..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts