ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and searching for the perfect exhaust for my 2011 wrx hatch and I just truly can't decide. Im way too indecisive and need lots of suggestions to help me on my purchase. Im looking for a Catback for sure. Right now Im kinda stuck on a Cobb catback but its so hard to tell whats what without seeing and hearing in person. I want that good old wrx boxer rumble and im certaintly not looking for a cheap exhaust... I wanna do i the right way for the best result and that always costs but im willing because its worth it. So I need suggestions for that, I want something loud but not ridiculous and its gotta be a quad-tip catback.
suggestions, ideas, comments....

HELP!!!!!!

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
My suggestion is to go to local meets and listen to exhausts in person.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Like ej suggested, the best thing to do is listen in person. I can say that I have an invidia q300 and the build quality is top notch and fits perfectly. As far as the sound goes... I like it but its personal taste so whether you would be happy with it I don't know

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
My suggestion is to go to local meets and listen to exhausts in person.
Aye. Internet videos and sound clips are worthless. There is only one way - listen in person.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Hate to be a broken record, but get out there and meet some people and see what you like in person.

What I might like, you may not...and vice versa.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Only you can decide about the sound, but for what it's worth, Cobb makes good quality parts. Their stuff tends be on the pricey end of Subaru aftermarket parts, but everything I have from them has held up great. As far as reliability and quality, you won't go wrong with Cobb, but the same can be said for Invidia and Borla as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have only read/heard good things about Cobb products. Only Cobb product I have is the AP, been pleased with it since I purchased it. I still am on the hunt for an exhaust that will replace my riceriffic, potatoe launcher of a cat-back exhaust (Came with car when I purchased it).

So Far, I have narrowed down to SPT CBE (~$420), Borla "Hush" CBE (~$570) and Cobb CBE (~$670). I am still split on which option I want to go with, sound from each of them is within the desirable range, and I do plan to get a Cobb Catted Down-pipe, guess it comes down to which has the more desirable benefits, something I still am researching...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spt for $420? Where?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts