Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 wrx from auctions recently, and didnt relise i was buying a car with no keys as all cars were not started it was a case of buyer beware any way the body was knocked about but it seemed neat under the hood so i bid in it and i bought the car unaware it had no keys, i thought it would be expencive, even when i rang my local subaru dealer and they told me $1000 dollars i thourt wow but when the key got there and i had to take the car in, i got the real shock as they said they thought i had a key and wanted a spare and that as i didnt it would now cost me about $4500 so im in need of ideas is there a cheep alternative or a way round the imobiliser or some way i can start the car via the key pad and just put in an after market central locking im in need of help please coz this project is way out of budget all ready

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
I bought a 2014 wrx from auctions recently, and didnt relise i was buying a car with no keys as all cars were not started it was a case of buyer beware any way the body was knocked about but it seemed neat under the hood so i bid in it and i bought the car unaware it had no keys, i thought it would be expencive, even when i rang my local subaru dealer and they told me $1000 dollars i thourt wow but when the key got there and i had to take the car in, i got the real shock as they said they thought i had a key and wanted a spare and that as i didnt it would now cost me about $4500 so im in need of ideas is there a cheep alternative or a way round the imobiliser or some way i can start the car via the key pad and just put in an after market central locking im in need of help please coz this project is way out of budget all ready
That's asinine unless they have to actually replace the security module on the vehicle itself. It won't hurt to get a second opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts