ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car is in the 4500 to 5500 rpm range there is a big loss of power and I can't figure it out. I just bought this car and don't quite know much about them. Also will removing the intake resonator and installing a silencer delete kit make a difference?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Is the car stock or modified? Does the power return after 5500 rpm or is it gone?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is stock except for catback and the resinator is removed but the ram from the hood is still on. I just shot a video and it seems like the loss of power is between 3500 rpms and 5000. Also when I got out I could smell radiator fluid along with something else I haven't smelled before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just surfing for help. I just got a 2016 WRX and just completed a 1000m break-in. I was very disappointed to feel like I'm driving through a giant cobweb at around 5000rpm. I am interested why you say, "does the power return after 5500rpm". In my case yes, it does. I am assuming this is normal? Occasionally, it seems as though I drive through the drop off and it's not noticeable (although it's rare). Can you give me some insight into this please? Thanks-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts