Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car, the dealership had aftermarket ground effects on it. They had somebody else put them on when the car came into the lot.

I recently noticed that the drivers side rear edge of a side skirt is loose. I went to the dealer ship and they said they aren't covered because they are aftermarket. But I talked to my saleman and he said he'd have it fixed this time, but thats it. I understand their postion. I didn't have it fixed because I was in a hurry to get back to work.

How are these secured on? I tried feeling for a screw or hole without jacking it up, but couldn't find one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There is no drilling. The pic that was posted was to install the side strakes, but you can use the instructions to remove the side skirt. It's just 1 pop rivet screw in front and a few under the side skirt. Once those are removed, just pull and the side skirt will pop off. Most likely, you're missing a pop rivet screw or you have a broken clip.

Calvin

·
Registered
178 Posts
How low is your car?

Get down low, and look up under the side skirt, if its anything like the stock, than you can get a flat blade screwdriver, get it under the little round part, a twist of the screwdriver and the little plastic clip thingy will pop right off. There is around 6 of those. And a plastic screw at the front of the side skirt (near the front wheel).

If its loose, it might have come away from the side of the car, its held there by plastic clips, try push the side skirt back onto the car, maybe they will clip in again.

Maybe, just take the whole thing off, and put it back on again, that might sort the problem out. It'll take you all of 10 mins to do.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts