Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2012 WRX Sedan for the wife a few years ago and it has never really had that grounded tight feeling in the suspension like my Audi A4 with sport package.

To improve the ride I installed Whiteline Sway and endlinks Front and Rear, Powerflex Bushings front and rear and New Ball Joints. After doing these mods the car does hold its line well going hard into corners, but when driving slow the front end feels loose. Almost feels like its steering related... Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
How are your tires? Your shocks?

It is hard to analyze. Clearly you have spent a good amount of money and upgraded some things. As you asked, before I would spend one more penny if it were my car, I would take it to a pro. Whether that in your area is your local Subie dealer or an independent is up to you to research. A loose front end can cause the ultimate crisis, so again if it were me, I would get someone who knows WRX front suspension, steering, etc REAL soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I guess I'm in the process of elimination. Tires are definitely worn after a recent rotation they might not be tracking well, plus the the car is still on stock struts with 90k on them. Think The plan is to replace all of those so if the problem doesn't go away it might be time to trade it for something newer. I'll do a little research on the steering rack bushings too...

I was blown away at how bad the suspension bushing were on these cars. I mean for a performance vehicle you would expect better, but then again its a 25k impreza with a turbocharged engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts