ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
laughing cause its fake and you drooling over it (if its fake its a good fake). or he is laughing cause your the 5th person to admire his investment in the last 3 hours.

y the way did you see any Blue roundish stickers in the windows any where, and if so did they say anything?

The company that makes those are officially licensed by Shelby.

·
Registered
642 Posts
the profile of that car (in the first pic) just simply kicks ass. u wouldn't happen to have a higher res pic would u? i think i need that as wallpaper.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I hope he took out the hood pins and not someone else. That would suck if he didn't know they where out and was doing bout a 100 down the road..... Flop, oh Sh!t the hood!!

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
There is a company now that is doing the "Elenor" cars with a blown 428 at around 600-700 hp I think. They had a specail on it but the car wasnt asscoited with Shelby I didnt think.

The only car that I think shelby is selling with his name on it now is the 65 Cobra that you can buy for 85,000 or so.

I'd still rather have a true 69-70 GT500 then that thing. Shelby never used those hoods on anything (Maybe the 67 R code I've never seen one of those in person) The first time I took that car out I was in heaven (Even if the owner was a little nervours having a 16 year old kid in his 50,000 dollar collector car.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy had the car parked practically on the street, so I'm sure a lot of people had stopped to look at it. And no, I don't think there were any blue roundish stickers anywhere. I was tempted to go talk to the guy, but I had a bunch of people with me, and it was parked in front of some shop, so I would have been interrupting the guy at work.

camell0, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a high-res pic.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Now this is interesting

from 8/25 dallasmorningnews, local business :

:snippet:
Today, Orange County Choppers has 50 employees, builds custom motorcycles that sometimes sell for $300,000 or more and has revenue "well" in excess of $10 million a year, he said. Some of its bikes have been ordered by celebrities such as Tonight Show host Jay Leno and Texan Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France champ.

"It's hard to take it all in sometimes," said Mr. Teutul, 55, who is still based in Rock Tavern, N.Y. "We did a show in Pennsylvania and had 150,000 people come out. Some of them waited in line for seven hours. I couldn't believe it."

Flanked by his two now-famous sons, Paul Jr. and Mikey, Mr. Teutul visited Unique Performance to discuss building one of Orange County's exotic choppers for the firm. Unique Performance manufactures the Eleanor Mustang – high-performance, custom-built '67-'68 Mustangs inspired by the movie Gone in 60 Seconds.

In return, Unique Performance will build an Eleanor Mustang for the Teutuls – in retina-searing yellow, powered by a supercharged 725-horsepower engine.

The car and motorcycle will be exchanged on a segment of American Choppers in late December or early January, said Doug Hasty, president of Unique Performance.

American Choppers is Discovery's top-rated show, said Steve Moreau, general manager of Orange County Choppers. Much of Choppers' appeal centers on the frequent, bleep-filled shop-floor confrontations between Paul Sr. and Paul Jr., the company's chief metal-bending designer.
:snippet:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Zoombaru said:
You can kinda see the owner of the car watching me in tbe background. He's in the shadows by the truck. He was laughing at me for drooling on his car.

Actually............

I think he was admiring you and was contemplating wether to whip out Mr. Willie and...........

Well, Thats my thought anyway.

Nice ride though

Shotgun

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is that bay area? I actually think my Grandfather owns one of those appartments that overlook the ocean in the first picture. He rents it to a former Laker for 50k a year... :eek: . no lie.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
ShotgunTC88 said:
Actually............

I think he was admiring you and was contemplating wether to whip out Mr. Willie and...........

Well, Thats my thought anyway.

Nice ride though

Shotgun
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Subtlety is key.

·
Registered
714 Posts
DUBA_Rob said:
Is that bay area? I actually think my Grandfather owns one of those appartments that overlook the ocean in the first picture. He rents it to a former Laker for 50k a year... :eek: . no lie.
Actually, its in Colorado, Denver to be exact.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts