Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators,

You guys look like you are holding some of the most interesting discussions on the board, and since we trebled moderators, it is almost the most active! You tease us with topics we can't read, and then we wonder what all the secret discussions might be about??? Just like curiousity killed the cat, when we see a little tidbit of something interesting, we get nosey and want to know the rest of the story.

Just a little word of caution; When something is posted in Modertor Discussion, even though we can't read the thread, we can read the subject, and who originated it and is contributing. So you might think twice when coming up with subject lines. Something like "I really think Smorris is a pig f*cker" created by Joe Schmo, can be seen by all of us. Now go back and look at some recent Moderator Discussion topics and see if that is how you want your constituents to see you talking about some of us... Just a thought. Not trying to cause any trouble. :rolleyes:

Steve
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TCC is....

Good one there, TCC :D I could see that one coming, and knew I'd be even more nosey. Whatzit say, come on, you can tell me, nobody else is reading this...;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming it points over here. If not everybody reading here OR there will wonder WTF we are talking about.:confused: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Im reading! I also know what your talking about smorris! BTW your not THAT MUCH of a pig f*cker!

Whats up with this Inner Circle stuff?

I wanna know who 'lord' is!

I wanna know whats up with the "what the frick does everyone look like thread.

And was I right about the member status being changed so that members can't change it? It appears that way but you can't find out unless your a moderator?

And 'Smorris is..."?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Thank you Smorris

I don't think we have offended any one, but the problem will be addresses

The juicy stuff is still PUBLIC domain, like always.

We just GOOF off too much. :rolleyes:

-Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
nothing to see here....move along. :)

I think our forum is the most active because we're the biggest post hooers.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why was my thread deleted without any notice?

Like it says above, why was my thread deleted without any notice? The one last night about Moderator Discussion being the hot topic.

I see that someone must have fixed the fact that we could view the Moderators Discussion topics (or else there haven't been any since last night) but why pull my thread without so much as a notification. I've seen much more imflammatory messages on here not get pulled off!

My intention was not to piss someone off, it was to let the moderators know we all could see what they were writing about us. Seems like everyone and their brother is a moderator these days, even if they just joined a month or so ago. All it takes is a high message count. :rolleyes: All the conversations over there about us over here looked a little insiderish. So I wanted to bring it to the moderator's attention. Not really something to pull a thread about, I would think!

Next time at least have the courtesy to let me know what you are doing and why, please!

(Or make me moderator of the "Old Farts Forum")

Steve
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Re: why was my thread deleted without any notice?

smorris said:
Like it says above, why was my thread deleted without any notice? The one last night about Moderator Discussion being the hot topic.

I see that someone must have fixed the fact that we could view the Moderators Discussion topics (or else there haven't been any since last night) but why pull my thread without so much as a notification. I've seen much more imflammatory messages on here not get pulled off!

My intention was not to piss someone off, it was to let the moderators know we all could see what they were writing about us. Seems like everyone and their brother is a moderator these days, even if they just joined a month or so ago. All it takes is a high message count. :rolleyes: All the conversations over there about us over here looked a little insiderish. So I wanted to bring it to the moderator's attention. Not really something to pull a thread about, I would think!

Next time at least have the courtesy to let me know what you are doing and why, please!

(Or make me moderator of the "Old Farts Forum")

Steve
I couldnt see it but I could post, weird.
I bet like half the topics were about me huh.
I hope not .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
I was on that thread too, but only to tease WRX > MUSTANG about how he somehow broke into the Moderator's board. Around the same time, it seems like your thread went away. I don't know anything about VBulletin programming, but perhaps those two events are linked and your thread got crashed somehow. ? Dunno.

You're right, there are a lot of Moderators here. But, I haven't really seen it go to anybody's head yet. And a few of the guys who used to get into flame wars before they were Mods are a bit cooler these days. So perhaps we should copy the Texas gun control philosphy (everybody packing heat = complete deterrence) and make everybody with over 100 posts a Moderator. ;)

Kidding aside, your main point was it was a bit unsettling to see the Mods talking about members, you raised a good point, Mods acknowledged it as such, can't see that stuff anymore. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

And you can't have control of the Old Farts Board because I'm older than you. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, yea you are older. I'l be assistant Old Fart then...

But I'd still like to know why my post got removed without whomever deleted it at least letting me know. I doubt it was a glitch. Not right to just delete people's posts..:mad:


edit: Oh, by the way, did you ever try printing out and putting together your avatar? I did one day when I was bored at work. Looked pretty cool. Even had the wing.

Steve

(off to indy in an hour or two. See my "Represnting clubWRX post above, or now below.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Same problem on my message board, except I'm one of the moderators. We're a dictatorship, not a democracy. If we don't like the thread, it gets killed. This place does seem very clique'ey though.

jb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
smorris said:


edit: Oh, by the way, did you ever try printing out and putting together your avatar? I did one day when I was bored at work. Looked pretty cool. Even had the wing.

Steve

(off to indy in an hour or two. See my "Represnting clubWRX post above, or now below.)
Steve,

Yeah, I built the car. That's it in my avatar (check the original thread for larger pics). Think I'll do it again better, pop up the hoodscoop, flare the fenders, etc. :D

How'd you enjoy the US GP ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
jimb said:
Same problem on my message board, except I'm one of the moderators. We're a dictatorship, not a democracy. If we don't like the thread, it gets killed. This place does seem very clique'ey though.

jb
The thread was not killed, it was a moderator issue and was moved. Thanks.

-Jim
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top