Subaru WRX Forum banner

Looking to swap wrx turbo for an Sti turbo, Help

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ScoObieRideR 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

Newb Question. I'm looking to swap my wrx turbo and injectors for STI ones. I have a '07 WRX sedan and want to add a little more power to Rex. What year sti would be compatible with my engine (I think I have ej255).

#2 ·
I'm not sure the STI turbo will provide much power gains for you. The gains are from supporting mods. With a vf43 you'll also need an STi top mount intercooler and supporting plumbing, as well as an upgraded fuel pump for your bigger injectors. It would also be wise to change out the exhaust from the turbo back. And you'll need to get the car professionally tuned. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but the point is that you can't just slap the turbo in there and go.

#3 ·
07 WRX/STI have same size injectors. Go with something like ID1050x if you want to swap them out.

Any STI turbo will fit your car.

#7 ·
Hey guys. Just wanted to give an update to the swap. Just got in a new IHI V43, sti intercooler, walhbro fuel pump. Decided to put these on a new block from IAG being that I have 140k on my current one. Along with the new block, Im gonna match the N1 exhaust with invidia divorces catted DP. I’ll check back with some picks when I get everything together. Thanks again for all your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.