• Sparco Assetto Gara Gold

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • OCZ Ultraleggera Silver

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • OCZ Ultraleggera Gold

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bremmer BR08

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • None of the above... Look at what I posted!

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

So after two season tire swaps *could not afford winter wheels when I bought the car* My beautiful OEM wheels look like crap. As such I'm looking to pick up a set of 17's to replace them as a dedicated summer tire. I have narrowed down the style/styles that I want and the color range. I have a WRB 2011 wrx. To my eye a gold or matte silver/gunmetal wheel is perfect. My dream wheel is the O.Z. Ultraleggera in Gold, either 17's or 18's. I know gold wheels on a Blue subbie are 'played out' but I really like the look.

Here are my final pics that meet both my tastes and my wallet; I would really appreciate input from the other members. My budget is 500-800 for just the rims. I'll account expenses for TMPS later and I'd like to recycle my Dunlops.

Axis XMX

Sparco Assetto Gara Silver

Sparco Assetto Gara Gold

OCZ Ultraleggera Silver

Ultraleggera Gold

Bremmer BR08 Titanium

·
Registered
778 Posts
I vote for the Ultraleggera, but @ $285ea, they're way out of your budget. :eek3:

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I like the look of the Axis, but as the weight is "not available" I'm guessing they suck.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the input.. Right now I'm torn between the OZ's in silver and the Bremmers in that Titanium finish. The AXIS are 23 pounds I believe.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,477 Posts
I like the OZs for the weight reduction over the stock rims. The steering feel is instantly tighter and has better/quicker responses. The ride is no more harsh. I stuck with the stock 17", but went wider. 17x8. If you're going to get aftermarket...get something lighter, but still strong.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I'd consider the OZ Alleggerita - just bought a set in 17" x 8". They are significantly lighter than the Ultraleggera.

23 pounds is way too much for a 17" x 8" wheel. What do you know about the Bremmers weight wise and country of origin? Cheap likely equals heavy and China.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/suspension-wheels/134355111-just-ordered-new-summer-shoes.html#post2876406

Considered Enkeis?I got a set of rpf1s yesterday & they look great.
^^ Another good lightweight quality wheel.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
No "Bewbs" option in the poll!!! Ban!!!! :p

Yeah you don't want to cheap out on WHEELS (wheels have rims on the outside and on the inside ;) )...you don't want to add rotating mass as that can leech the power put to the ground. If you want to go for "cheaper," then looking at Rotas isn't a horrible idea.

Of your choices listed, I'd go with the OZs.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol! I forgot to add a Bewb's option... Bewbies for scoobies. Yea I think I'm gonna suck it up and save until March of 2013 and grab the Ultra's. Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
lol! I forgot to add a Bewb's option... Bewbies for scoobies. Yea I think I'm gonna suck it up and save until March of 2013 and grab the Ultra's. Thanks everyone for your input.

No joke...Bewbs has to be an option on every poll around here. Just check some of the past polls. Ask the Mods ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts