1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
And I am a Master Wagon Rail-Removal Technician. :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Everybody makes me spend money...so tempting...After riding in Curtis's car, the silncer removal sounds so cool.

·
Banned
2,586 Posts
If you want to retain the use of the stock air intake, I can help fiberglass over the hole in the elbow piece where the silencer was. It still sounds better than stock...less filling, tastes great!

I want all the wagons to take up djrez on his offer of rail removal...come on Ian, you know you want to :p

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hmmm, maybe we need to get together and take apart my silencer...And if I take off my roof rails, where will I be able to mount huge things on my roof?!

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
Rancid said:
Hmmm, maybe we need to get together and take apart my silencer...And if I take off my roof rails, where will I be able to mount huge things on my roof?!
I would expect you'd mount huge things in the alley behind the bar. But remember, always be nice and give huge things a reach-around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rancid said:
So is this part basically the finshing off insert type piece that goes into the fender?
You are correct. It gives the airbox something to mount against to allow a perfect seal to the fenderwell. This allows you to remove the silencer without cutting or fiberglassing anything so you could put it back to stock later if so desired. The velocity stack also "stretches" the rubber gasket at the airbox to 3" diameter for a bit better airflow.

It would take less than an hour to do this mod since I have already trimmed and drilled out the velocity stack.

·
Registered
356 Posts
svc said:
I want all the wagons to take up djrez on his offer of rail removal...come on Ian, you know you want to :p [/B]
NO WAY..the roof rails are an essential piece on the wagon...hence THE WAGON..dont get me wrong it looks cool but I would by a SAABARU if I didn't want rails with my wagon. :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I agree. Without roof rails, the wagon is just a goofy looking sedan. With a hatchback. And no roof rails.

Although...Sam's car looks soooo cool.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Rancid said:
I agree. Without roof rails, the wagon is just a goofy looking sedan. With a hatchback. And no roof rails.

Although...Sam's car looks soooo cool.
Yes it does look badasss, but I guess you and I are the only ones that understand what a wagons roof rack can do...:cool:

Come summer time my roof rack never comes off, its always full of my camping,hiking,fishing, bike and if my dog is misbehaving..haha

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hahaha. My new basket is awesome. Now I can put skis and snowboards on top, and they don't hit the hatch when it opens. And in the summer, I can put sleeping bags and bike tires and Zem up there.

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
Do I get to kick your doors with my heels and smack your ass with a stick? I'll shout "giddyup!" all day long. Fun times. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Rancid said:
Hahaha. My new basket is awesome. Now I can put skis and snowboards on top, and they don't hit the hatch when it opens. And in the summer, I can put sleeping bags and bike tires and Zem up there.
well you have always got to have a seat for Zem...LOL

We should hit up some dirt roads I know of come spring time. I also do a ton of camping if your ever interested...lots fo fun roads to drive..and there ALL DIRT.. :D

Now that we have completly HIJACKED this thread...haha

Sorry back to are regular intake removal program.

·
Banned
2,586 Posts
Bah. Wagons with rails look like Jeep Cherokee's, so screw you all! And, more importantly, bump for the velocity stack!
end sneaky hijack

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. What's the point of this thing? Is there something about wagons that makes it something other than just taking the thing out and being done with it?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts