ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, I need some help:

There is an 05 STI I am currently looking at to buy however,

1. When looking at the boost gauge in the car it would go up to 1 bar then drop right between .5 bar and 1 bar when WOT. Is this stock boost for the 05 STI? Boost comes in full around 2500-2700 Not to mention it takes off like a f*&%#*@ rocket!
2. The trunk clunking still hapens in 05?
3. Looking under the hood: the heat sheild was a little loose and the downpipe looked like it was creased- I'm thinking aftermarket but couldn't find any labeling of any sorts. Ideas?
4. For those who have short shifters (aftermarket) and stock 6 speed transmissions: when the car is put into gear(any gear) did the stick have a real notchy feeling and a lot of play(side to side)? The
5. The Clutch felt real heavy with a low point almost immediate from the floor- aftermarket?
6. BOV- Does the 05 STI make the PSSSHHH sound stock?
7. No FMIC or A pillar gauges.
8. Body is straight, intake is red, only STI markings are on front doors and fog light covers.
8. Can someone run a carfax for me? JF1GD70675L501186 it has 40,796 miles. The dealer wants 25,796 but they really want to get rid of it.

Can someone help me out?
Thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts

1. When looking at the boost gauge in the car it would go up to 1 bar then drop right between .5 bar and 1 bar when WOT. Is this stock boost for the 05 STI? Boost comes in full around 2500-2700 Not to mention it takes off like a f*&%#*@ rocket!
3. Looking under the hood: the heat sheild was a little loose and the downpipe looked like it was creased- I'm thinking aftermarket but couldn't find any labeling of any sorts. Ideas?
4. For those who have short shifters (aftermarket) and stock 6 speed transmissions: when the car is put into gear(any gear) did the stick have a real notchy feeling and a lot of play(side to side)? The
5. The Clutch felt real heavy with a low point almost immediate from the floor- aftermarket?
8. Body is straight, intake is red, only STI markings are on front doors and fog light covers.
8. Can someone run a carfax for me? JF1GD70675L501186 it has 40,796 miles. The dealer wants 25,796 but they really want to get rid of it.

Can someone help me out?
Thanks
i sell you my 06 STi, it has only 18000 miles and is a stage 2 STi, and i only want 28,000

·
Registered
736 Posts

Can someone help me out?
Thanks
I just went and saw a few 05's before i got mine. The heavy clutch is normal, and surprised the hell out of me. But I'm getting used to it.

Hmm but youre talking STI... never mind.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I ran a carfax for you...

2005 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
JF1GD70675L501186
SEDAN 4 DR
2.5L H4 FI DOHC / ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
CARFAX Safety & Reliability Ratings
CARFAX Xpert
Hi-I'm the CARFAX Xpert™. I'm here to help you better understand the data in this CARFAX Report. Did you know...

* We checked over 5 billion records from thousands of data sources for this vehicle
* This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
* The last reported odometer reading was 202

CARFAX Vehicle History Report

Owner One Vehicle History
Year purchased 2004
Type of owner Personal
Estimated length of ownership
CARFAX One Owner Vehicle History
2 yrs. 8 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces Colorado
Estimated miles driven per year ---
Last reported odometer reading 202

No Issues Reported
Structural / Frame Damage Check
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment Check
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback Check
No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated
Accident Check
No accidents reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall Check
No recalls still require repair.

No Recalls Reported
Basic Warranty Check
Estimated to have 2 months or 35,798 miles remaining. Recalculate warranty
Interested in an extended warranty?

Warranty Active

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Everything seems perfect on the carfax, every section was gauranteed with a green checkmark and the warranty is still active, 1 owner too:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the help with the car fax and armySTI for the offer, however the dealer may want to drop the price more- I will have to wait and see.
Thank you all again for the help.:)

P.S.- Does anyone have any issues with the shifter being really knotchy with a lot of play in an 05 STI???

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks for the help with the car fax and armySTI for the offer, however the dealer may want to drop the price more- I will have to wait and see.
Thank you all again for the help.:)
Glad to help out. 05 STi, very nice, im jealous.. good luck!:thumbup:

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Twitch06 said:
If it's an aftermarket DP, you're going to want some form of EM, so add something to the price to take that into account. If I'm not mistaken, the OEM DP has 2 cats in it (most aftermarket DPs have 1 high-flow cat or are completely catless), so if you're able to get the car up and look at it from underneath, you should be able to tell whether it's stock/aftermarket.

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/uppipedownpipe.htm said:
04-06 STi OWNERS READ: On the 04-06 STi there are boost spike or creep issues in all cases with the use of an aftermarket downpipe or turboback that uses a bellmouth or external dump tube design. This is because the 2.5L engine pushes so much air. Even with the internal wastegate fully open not enough air can exit to stop spinning the turbo, the result is boost creep or boost spike. You can fix the problem by porting the stock turbo's wastegate passage (any exhaust shop should be able to do this or it can be done at home) or you can get an engine management system to fix the issue, like a UTEC or AccessPORT.
Twitch06 said:
4. For those who have short shifters (aftermarket) and stock 6 speed transmissions: when the car is put into gear(any gear) did the stick have a real notchy feeling and a lot of play(side to side)?
I have the stock 6-speed in my '05, and there is a decent amount of lateral play with it. A short-throw should reduce this, I believe.

Twitch06 said:
The intake would probably accentuate the sound of the "PSHH!" but to what extent, I'm not sure. If it is an aftermarket BOV, having it set to VTA will actually decrease the performance to the vehicle because of the placement of the MAF sensor (I believe to use a VTA BOV, you need a FMIC on the vehicle - someone more knowledgeable would be able to tell you for sure, though).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts