Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says im looking into purchasing a 2012 Wrx Premium, hatch or sedan although hatch is preferred. I'd really like to know how reliable these cars are, and if its worth taking out a 4 year possibly 5 year loan on one. I know many more factors come into play but, for example lets say there was a 2012 with 100k miles on it, pretty much all stock. Would that car be worth the 4-5 years I'd be driving it for? Or should I look into something else?

This is an extremely broad question, but i'd still like to hear some feedback from those who have driven a Wrx of this model before, or anyone who has any input would be much appreciated :)

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Owning a 2011 with nearly 100k i would look elsewhere. There is a lot on these cars that can go wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
5 years old, 100K miles, 5 year loan = I'd not buy it. If I had to take a loan for that long I'd go with a new one. It would just be telling me the used car is not enough of a deal. New, or different used..........

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm on the fence here.

It's stock and a five year old car which isn't all that bad if it's been maintained.

However . . .

a) was it always stock or just returned to stock?

b) has it been properly maintained by the previous owner(s)?

c) you never mention the selling price . . . I guess I would want to see the price and know the APR on the loan to figure out the total price of this car at the end of the five year loan.

d) Over 100K miles and you've got to figure that regardless of make or model there is a good chance some parts will need replacing just from simple wear and tear

e) At the end of the five years you'll have a ten-year old car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing since I've had cars that were decent and still going strong after that many years and miles).

That said . . . when it comes to the WRX I would be more inclined to investigate the pricing, loan rates, etc. on a new car to see the total cost, if the monthly payments are do-able (not that I would base everything on the monthly payment), etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts