ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 WRX it's a daily in the summer sometimes, and sometimes I track it but I also want to take it to shows and have longevity. The previous clutches I've had didn't last very long so I don't know if its my luck but I didn't stall more then one handful of times with either of my clutches. I've had a stage 2 clutch, one which I bought from the previous owner with it already on when I bought the car, it wore out and then I bought a OEM used clutch to replace it and got it installed at my mechanic and its recently burned out it looks pretty bad. I was looking for a clutch that at least lasts more then 2 years I don't drive my car that much I bought it 5 years ago at 139,000km and now its at 151,000km. I'm from Canada where everything is more expensive and I'm trying to get something a little cheaper but lasts longer and is still good performance wise, my mechanic suggested I get Exedy stage 4 twin disc clutch setup but I don't really trust Exedy seeing as the first clutch barely lasted a year keep in mind I don't know how long the previous owner had it but if you had any advice for me on which clutch to get and the approximate lifespan of said clutch that would be great.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
The authentic Subaru clutch installed nearly two decades ago is still in my 2002 WRX.

The clutch has lasted 340,000km (not a typo; three hundred forty thousand kilometres).

You are wearing out your clutches an order of magnitude more quickly.

I'd buy an OEM Exedy or the same stuff from a dealer marked Subaru but that's just me. I'd also not buy a "stage" clutch, nor would I buy a used clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The authentic Subaru clutch installed nearly two decades ago is still in my 2002 WRX.

The clutch has lasted 340,000km (not a typo; three hundred forty thousand kilometres).

You are wearing out your clutches an order of magnitude more quickly.

I'd buy an OEM Exedy or the same stuff from a dealer marked Subaru but that's just me. I'd also not buy a "stage" clutch, nor would I buy a used clutch.
OEM exedy works for performance applications?

·
11,239 Posts
You are basing longevity off of used clutches?

OEM is fine for a stock vehicle exedy OEM or their heavy duty if you make a little more torque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I'm basing longevity off of how long clutches apparently last compared to my two used ones in a little amount of time if they were supposed to last a long time they should have been able to atleast last a fraction of normal clutches not a fraction of a fraction. And my car is no where near stock that's why I asked about a clutch that can handle performance and track days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts