ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a taillight conversion kit for a 2003 wrx wagon! There are a ton of them for the sedans but I need to find some for my wagon. Send me a link if you know where to find some.

Thanks

John

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Conversion to what?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Keep an eye on the NASIOC for sale forum and you may find some 04-05 style tails from a wagon to swap over. Wagon tails do seem to be far more rare though

·
8,921 Posts

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Sorry, bro. It just never gets old.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
you can do it without cutting the bumper... I've done it as have many others.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
you can do it without cutting the bumper... I've done it as have many others.
I forgot you had said that...how's it actually work anyway?

And are the wagons different then sedans at all in that sense?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Under the circular part of the 04+ taillights there is a small piece of foam. Remove that. The circular part will then sit up against the bumper (not in like on 04+ bumpers) and the rest of the tail light will sit correctly. However, the lights will still stick out a hair on the trunk side as the 04+ bumper is shaped differently there. Unless you look closely, you will never notice. My personal experience is only with sedans but I believe I have read somewhere that it works the same for wagons

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Ahh gotcha. I always wondered if it was just plastic and not actually "built" into the light, meaning it could do what you did haha. Guess I was right in my assumption.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts