ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a aftermarket up-pipe on my 04 wrx. I removed the engine mount nut from the passenger side and jacked the engine up approx. 2 inches to remove the stock up-pipe, buuuut when I went to set the engine back down it only came back down about 1 inch. Now my exhaust is leaking where the downpipe and catback meet because everything is a little out of whack. Does anybody have a suggestion for getting the engine back where it should be? I drove the car about 100 miles like this and it didn't shake back into place at all.

Also, now I have a mystery oil leak. I cannot seem to spot where it's dripping from, is there a common area that'll leak after a up-pipe install?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Check to see if the "nipple" on each mount is sitting in the hole correctly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the problem, the passenger motor mount underneath the car isn't sitting in the proper spot. I am looking for suggestions to get it back where it is supposed to be. take the nut off and try to shake the hell out of the engine or what?
I can't handle being that guy at the stop light with the raspy exhaust leak.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You may have to look to see if there is anything holding it up, I'm not sure what could. I have lifted my engine up a few inches many times for header and UP installs, Whenever the engine wouldn't drop down correctly I would just reposition the jack so the motor is at a different angle and it goes down eventually :)
*EDIT* can you see the nipple lined up with the hole and it just will not drop down or is the nipple off to one side and not lined up at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The nipple is off to the side. I can clearly see where it is supposed to be because there is an outline from the nut from the factory. Now it is maybe a little less than an inch off to the side.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Some good wiggles and it might fall into place.

If it doesnt you can always take the other sold off and lower it back in nice and even.

Most of the time they fall right back in. Are you driving with only one motor mount bolted?

Check the oil lines going to the turbo for the leak.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I tightened the passenger side motor mount back down, but was hoping the vibrations from driving would still wiggle it down the rest of the way.

I will have to check the turbo lines for the leak. That would piss me off if I wrecked one ****ing with that stupid up-pipe. What a pain in the ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts