Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, first of all I'm new to this forum. Picked up a 2016 STI about 3 and a half weeks ago. Absolutely loving everything about this car aside for the pitiful Subaru head unit (standard 6inch one without Nav). I think this needs to be replaced and I noticed there were some very good looking ones with Android support in the $400 range.

I did some searching and found this and this as recommendations. I was wondering if there are any newer/better models that I haven't heard about in that price range?

Important features:
-Must not eliminate reverse camera
-Touch screen, at least 6 or 7 inches
-Navigation
-Great audio controls & stock USB support
-Bluetooth
-fits in dash/includes faceplate etc.
-integration with steering wheel controls

Nice to have:
-Push to talk/works with google's speech features
-android mirroring/android auto or internal android based apps (google maps, waze, etc.)
-customizable wallpapers/backgrounds/colors, etc

Does not need (if they are included that is fine, if i can remove or exclude them from installation, even better):
-CD/DVD/Bluray, I never use any
-XM/radio of any kind

Additionally, if it comes with all the parts so I can install myself that would be optimal; would prefer to spend more on the head unit than waste money on labor. But I think the most important thing is that it has some included hardware to install it into the dash. I don't want to hack away or cut, paint, DIY anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Edit: After further inspection, yeah it looks like that $200 one you linked is the same thing. I don't see options to add the additional cables needed to connect the USB & Rear view camera, however.

I swung by Best Buy earlier to check out some aftermarket units and they all look pretty ****ty. I think I might pick up the one you linked. $250 shipped is a pretty damn good price. Just need to pick up the other cables elsewhere.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That one from YouTube shows how to install as well. But seems like a lot of work that I wouldn't trust any place to do properly so I would have to install myself.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That one from YouTube shows how to install as well. But seems like a lot of work that I wouldn't trust any place to do properly so I would have to install myself.

If you get all the approprate harnesses it looks like it's all plug and play, so yeah I think it should be pretty easy to do solo. The site dorso linked doesn't have the harnesses from what I can tell but subispeed does.

Does the WRX and STI have the same dash? This one should work for both, yeah?

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/9-Qu...PS-Navigation-for-Subaru-WRX/32717191246.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love that subispeed has a lot of resources and items on their website. Absolutely hate their customer service and shipping times. They take 2 to 3 days to ship out even though item is in stock and their customer service takes about 2 to 3 days to answer. You'd think they would be quicker to ship out but nope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts