Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Subaru's and was wondering if there is a market for, rebuilt titled WRX's and STI's and or, charging a premium for cars with a blank slate?

Blank slate meaning that aftermarket parts are replaced with OEM parts again?

This is assuming everything is done correctly.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
People will pay stupid prices for these things. However being honest about what you have and not just swapping things back to stock and selling it as unmodified is usually the most honorable and not **** path.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People will pay stupid prices for these things. However being honest about what you have and not just swapping things back to stock and selling it as unmodified is usually the most honorable and not **** path.
It sounds like it wouldn’t be profitable then since they would probably want to have the aftermarket parts.

What about the rebuilt title part?

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
A rebuilt titled car destroys its value.

There isn't any money in reselling them unless you are getting vehicles free

·
Registered
361 Posts
Salvage or rebuilt title vehicles sell for thousands less, and I personally would not touch one unless I had no other options (unlikely to happen)

A car that has been put back to stock leaves all sorts of questions including what the mods were, why it is "stock" now, if it was properly tuned, etc. Best way is to be upfront and honest from the get-go. A vehicle with mods and a proper tune and maintenance history is alright. You won't get ad much back on the mods, but such is life.

The real ticket is a vehicle that has not been modded at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
as a subaru owner with very little car buying, and 0 car selling experience i am unsure what my opinion is really worth here but im bored so i shall offer it anyway.

there is nothing you could ever say to me that could make me trust you enough to believe that you rebuilt a car to exact oem spec after some disaster took place to a car.

the only way i would trust you is if your actually tavarish and you painstakingly filmed every single tiny step of the rebuild and posted all the footage to youtube.

the car market is just too big for me to consider anything like this, ill just find something else... there you have my opinion, as requested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious thread here. Might as well add my 2 cents....$5 dollars. Currently I own my 2012 that I bought back in 2016. I’ll try to keep the story short. In 2016 I was younger, 20 years old or so, I scored a pretty good gig that offered overtime. So naturally I had money to blow or so I thought lol. I needed a “new” car and eventually settled for my 2012. The car had a “prior salvage” title, aka “salvage” making it fairly cheaper. The cheap price was just bait however for a naive gentleman such as myself. The dealership hid an awful lot of problems with the car that I did not catch as I thought the dealership could be trusted, they had 4.9/5.0 stars?, turns out after I bought the car it needed about $5k worth of repairs. For shame young man for shame. Of course I ate it, it’s only sad cause I could’ve bought a brand spanking new one off the lot with how much I ended up paying (roughly, might’ve been a couple grand more). There’s upside here though your only a fool if you don’t learn from your mistakes it’s a plus if you profit from them. From then on I learned to do a lot of general car stuff on my own to save money and not so general stuff ex: (valve cover gaskets and completely taking out the turbo to access an oil line?) but it still stings here and there. If I were to go back in time I wouldn’t have bought my subie but the older I get the more and more the lessons resonate with me. In the end I still enjoy my subie and try not to remind myself what I could’ve had and instead remind myself of the positives that it did give me and to this day still does. She’s definitely a trooper.
I suppose all in all for whoever reads this. DO YOUR RESEARCH before buying, personally I highly recommend having a buddy with you or a knowledgeable person regardless if you’re buying new or used, used especially. This is the mistake I made. Also the excitement of buying the car clouded my better judgment. So don’t be stupid me. Be smart and if you can stay away from “salvage/rebuilt” titles do so, It’s like a box of chocolates....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts