ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an 08 wrx. does anyone know what subaru did from 08 to 09 to bump up the horsepower by 40? love my car but cant really do to many mods right now without jeopardizing my warranty. also,does anyone know if dealer can tell if a person installed an after-market tune then put back to stock before having a service?
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,114 Posts
08proj said:
i've got an 08 wrx. does anyone know what subaru did from 08 to 09 to bump up the horsepower by 40?
Subaru Research Site- specs, prices, options, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009.. Outback, Legacy, Forester, Impreza, Tribeca, BRZ, XV

08proj said:
love my car but cant really do to many mods right now without jeopardizing my warranty. also,does anyone know if dealer can tell if a person installed an after-market tune then put back to stock before having a service?
Which is more important to you? Warranty or modifications?

If you don't have a warranty issue that the reflash would cause denial, there's no reason to flash back to stock. If you do, reflashing back to stock is fraud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa never thought about that.out of curiousity(mit das motion lotion)?? u would'nt happen to be german?
 

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
Joined
·
8,921 Posts
If you do, reflashing back to stock is fraud.
I thought I read somewhere on this forum a little while ago that they can tell when you flash a car.
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,114 Posts
Drews said:
I thought I read somewhere on this forum a little while ago that they can tell when you flash a car.
I've heard both. Cobb says they can't; people at dealerships say they can. Both have a bias...

Either way, it's still fraud.

08proj said:
out of curiousity(mit das motion lotion)?? u would'nt happen to be german?
I am mostly German, but that little tidbit is just a bit of hazing amongst staff (has nothing to do with my ancestry).
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top