ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on AWD cars you should replace at least the tire pair, but my wrx has only 2700 miles on it. Would it be ok for me to just replace the flat, or are the OEM tires worn enough that I'll need to replace at least 2?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
This is a tough call.

I think you would be close enough that you should just replace the one.

However it's important that you know that AWD cars tires should not be replaced in pairs. They should be replaced all 4 at the same time.

Take what I say about replacing 1 with a grain of salt though.

Im sure someone with a better understanding will chime in here.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
All tires need to be within 2/32" of each other. If that balance isn't achievable by replacing just one tire, you can replace all four or shave one to match.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All tires need to be within 2/32" of each other. If that balance isn't achievable by replacing just one tire, you can replace all four or shave one to match.
That's good to know! :thumbup: I'll keep that in mind when I visit the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2700 miles? That sucks. Just the one should do really. Get the exact same tire. Can't imagine the tread differential is that great.

Is the puncture near the sidewall? If not it is repairable with a patch / plug.

Newark DE? You are welcome to join us: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-state/134354837-6th-anniversary-victory-meet-vote-date-s-here.html :)
It might be a puncture on the sidewall, but didn't take a good look at the time. I'll have to give it the once over again.

Thanks for the meet invite! I'll add my 2 cents to the potential dates.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I got a nail in one on my last set of tires when they were less than 3 weeks old. :unhappy:

The meet looks to be taking place on May 5th - hope to see you out there. :)

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Sorry to hear this, its a tough call but i would think replacing one would be safe but its hard to tell

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
OEM tires are junk, could look at it as a blessing.. Replace 4 or repair the one. No money? shave a new oem replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts