ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into a new set up for my car. currently have a t3/t4 with a fmic, 850cc injectors, equal length headers, but the housing on the turbo is too big (.84) and I am looking to get a different set up where I get quick spool but still keep some good top end power. I've been trying to look up info but can't find much any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What power levels are you looking for?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Any reason why you went with a T3/T4 combo on a Subaru in the first place? Seems like it would be more time and money invested than it's worth. Very likely, if you decide to move to something else, you're going to be replacing a good portion of the exhaust as well to get it to work, since no doubt there was either some custom work done to get it that turbo to work in that engine bay.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Change the hotside housing A/R. It would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
power levels something in upper 200's. and I originally bought the car with it's current set up and I was thinking of changing the housing but figured why not go with a whole different turbo.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What model car?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so bring this thread back as I couldn't figure out what I was going to do with my car. but I'm wanting to just change the hot side housing as it seems like the easier thing to do but I can't decide exactly what size of A/R to go with. I currently have a t3/t4 with a .63 A/R hot side housing and a .50 on the compressor. I start seeing it spooling at 4000rpm and full boost probably around 5000-5500. This is the website I have been looking at since they have a wide variety of housing sizes I'm just unsure which would be a good housing so I see quicker spool but don't want to lose a lot on the top end. Any help is greatly appreciated. Turbonetics T3 5 Bolt Turbine Housings- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the .48 would be a good size. I just want to see the quicker spool I don't like a 5000rpm wimpy pull then 2000rpm of a hard pull.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts