ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after seeing at Autopia that they liked this wax a lot. I figured I'd go give it a shot. Also, that Subaru trucker hat goes for $6 on ebay! How awesome is that! If anyone is interested I'll give you the contact info. I had them make me a Mazda one too for my buddy with an FC.

I get a lot more looks now with that hat :wiggles:

So anyone vouch for me that NXT is this shizzle bam dizzle? I also picked up some clay. While on the topic of clay, is it true you can use water to lubricate it? Someone told me that, but I didn't really believe it. I thought I'd ask online before I did it.

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
XtianLA said:
So anyone vouch for me that NXT is this shizzle bam dizzle? I also picked up some clay. While on the topic of clay, is it true you can use water to lubricate it? Someone told me that, but I didn't really believe it. I thought I'd ask online before I did it.
It is the shizzle bam dizzle. I used it on my car at HIN and it shined like it never had before. You'll want to use some type of Speed Shine or Quick Detailer to lubricate the clay...never heard of simply water working for it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love NXT!!! I've been using Meg's Gold Class for a while and threw my old bottle away after trying NXT. I use a base of Meguir's Show Car Polis #7 and then apply NXT on top and it shines like a mirror even on my white car. NXT will work much better on darker colored cars. It made the paint on a friend's FC RX-7 look almost new even though the clearcoat had faded to nothing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wooohooo, I'm excited! Can't wait to get on it! Thanks guys!!
Also, one more questions....any special tips before I do the clay job (I've never done it before, but here's what I plan)

1. Wash with my soft mitts with Dawn to get old wax off pretty good. Also use a toothbrush to get into the rubber mouldings that have wax stuck in em. (might even have to take off my hoodscoop :mad: )

2. Go through the clay process. (I'm guessing I don't need much for the whole job since I can just fold it over and over...maybe like the size of a quarter or a half dollar?)

3. Wash with Eagle One wash soap (Only stuff I have that's sensitive, but I think it's good)

4. Wax with NXT

Do I got those in the right order?

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help. :D :wiggles:

EDIT! I FORGOT THE PIC!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
That sounds about right. I've never clayed before but that seems to be what most people will do. I think that if you are going through the trouble to clay your car you might as well put some of the Meg's #7 underneath the wax to give it the extra gloss. I think it's around $10 a bottle.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just take your time with the #7. It is a PITA to apply and take off but will make the paint much better and if you are going to go out of the way to clay it you might as well polish it IMO.
Most auto-specific stores carry it. I know the local Autozone, NAPA, and Advance Auto Parts have it. It comes in a tan bottle.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can use soapy water to lubricate the clay. And yes, the piece doesn't need to be very big - about the inside of the palm of your hand is comfortable.
The #1 rule with clay - if you drop it on the ground throw it away and get a new piece!
Have fun. Lots of elbow grease, but well worth it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts