ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
can you please weight both the stocker and this and report back. noone seems to be able to provide real info...

im trying to gauge if its bling or any real weight saving since the hoods are already so light.

thanks!

nice hood. what color is your car?

·
Registered
249 Posts
gusto said:
can you please weight both the stocker and this and report back. noone seems to be able to provide real info...

im trying to gauge if its bling or any real weight saving since the hoods are already so light.

I 2nd the weight difference.....curious to know!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car is an 03 silver sedan. I wasn't really too concerned about weight savings or bling factor, I was more concerned about $$ savings. I have a crunched hood and a CF hood was cheaper than buying OEM and getting it painted.
The hood weighs in at 18.5 lbs with a small amount of packing material still on the hood (like in the second picture above). I'm guessing that it would be about 18 lbs without the packing material on it. I'll weigh the stock hood when I switch them.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have to mention how GREAT ProStreetOnline.com is :thumbup:
Not only did they have the best price on the hood, but they had it in stock, and they shipped it out immediately. I emailed them a couple of times with questions and the responded with knowledgeably within minutes. They were much better than the other places I checked to get this hood.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is this hoodscoop: http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/878 It's STi sized, but a way too expensive.
The hood does require hood pins, I got the Mr. Gasket Locking hood pins. As for the screen, I have one on my stocker an would have transferred it over to the CF hood anyway. It looks like it could be taken off very easily...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts