ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
isnt that a black widow? ahhhh! that scares me considering i live in NC and just saw a documentary on them on the Disc. Channel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yeah, the bites are painless but the venom can kill you if not treated in time. as people said, its the worst pain they have ever felt. it attacks the nerves in your body and your muscles basically cramp and tighten very bad.
edit: thats a female, they are the ones that kill, the males arent dangerous and the females can produce thousands of little black widows each year. they like to live in cool dark places so watch out if you have found one, you most likely have more. They like to hide in shoes.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I used to live in GA and those things were friggin everywhere! They suck! Make sure you check for eggs, they look like white marbles with spikes on them (for real). :D

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm not really worried about her... Yes, Black Widow bites can kill, but it's very rare. Plus, they're really good at getting rid of other bugs (mosquitos, other spiders, etc). Most of the time it just makes you sick. I'm more worried about Brown Recluses. Those suckers like to hide out in your shoes (hence: "recluse"), and their venom is MUCH more potent. I've found one of those in my boot before (in another house)... Good thing I looked first. :eek3:

And yes, she is a female... The females are the black ones with the hourglass on their belly. The males are tiny (I think they're brown) and usually get eaten after sex. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Fixxxer said:
I'm not really worried about her... Yes, Black Widow bites can kill, but it's very rare. Plus, they're really good at getting rid of other bugs (mosquitos, other spiders, etc). Most of the time it just makes you sick. I'm more worried about Brown Recluses. Those suckers like to hide out in your shoes (hence: "recluse"), and their venom is MUCH more potent. I've found one of those in my boot before (in another house)... Good thing I looked first. :eek3:

And yes, she is a female... The females are the black ones with the hourglass on their belly. The males are tiny (I think they're brown) and usually get eaten after sex. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yep, I found one on the porch a couple of years ago, Even though they are venomus they are just too beautiful to kill.

Not so for the Recluse...........Die mother******!

Shotgun

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
I just have 3 words for this...

OH HELL NO

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Chunks said:
Yeah recluses scare me the most.

I have killed many in my house, once one was in my bed :eek: .
:eek3:

When I'm laying in bed sometimes, I see something move, and I turn on the light.

Its ALWAYS a moth, and I get nuts on it. Kill it with a big*ss magazine or book or something, then kill it again.

YOU FOUND ONE IN YOUR BED?!?!?

JESUS I'd burn my room in fear of there being more.

<---- hates creepy crawlies

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
my old apartment was INFESTED with brown recluses. Almost every morning I'd find one trapped in my shower because they can't climb slick surfaces. I ended up putting traps under my bed, in my closet, and bathroom and ended up with about 15 in a week. I got the HELL out of there quick after that.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
chevyeater said:
I would have put on my Army boots with the steel shank in the sole to stomp on that focker.
you called?
hahaha

Kind of weird. I was JUST beginning to read this thread when BAM a spider came running down the wall. I hammered him with a newspaper, but still....
I don't fear death. I do fear spiders, however.
SPIDERS = teh suck

1 - 20 of 46 Posts