ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer nearby to have an oil change for my Rex.
First I didn't notice anything when I was walking in front of their service area to get to the show room, but one of mechanics came to me and asked "what do you think about new STI?" I looked around but all I saw was new WRX (S-GT in Japan) in the show room, then he said "No, the one next to your car in the service area."

Honestly, I thought it was WRX model since I didn't know the new STI was out today!!:whoa: So I had a chance to look at it inside and out, but no test drive due to no license plate.:sadwave: I guess it came in just before I took my car there, and it was getting a maintenance check while my car was getting an oil change.

I did notice that there was no front tower bar behind TMIC, and no STI logo on the TMIC.

Anyway, I took some pictures with my cell so take a look!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice. Are you on one of the main islands? If there's one on this little rock I'd like to go look at it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i was expecting it to have a wing

·
Registered
682 Posts
i was expecting it to have a wing
No way! That wouldn't appeal to the masses so off it goes. Have to make the car more main stream, isn't that their goal now? Stupid Subaru! :unhappy:

·
Premium Member
23,369 Posts
thanks for the pics :) nice comparison of it with your 06

rr1911, it has a roof spoiler/wing :tongue:

·
Banned
0 Posts
Nice, I don't care for looks when I am dead set on going fast. Plus that thing will probably reduce the number of honda civics reving their engines at their drivers. :)

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I think it looks alright. Its growing on me. Its not a pretty car by any means but if it's fast enough and I were in the market I'd consider buying one.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
yeah im not a big fan of the new styling but if i had to choose between the sedan and the 5 door id choose the 5 door and not just because the sti only comes in that model its just that the sedan reminds me of a beached whale... WAY TO BULKY... i to hope subaru changes there design in the near future for the better... nice pics though:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
it looks like someone shrunk a nissan murano

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
it looks like someone shrunk a nissan murano

I like Muranos, friend has one. Very nice all around Crossover. Great sound system, hers is AWD and handles great, with awesome power and plenty of room. If they shrunk all that into a smaller package, I'd buy it.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I like Muranos, friend has one. Very nice all around Crossover. Great sound system, hers is AWD and handles great, with awesome power and plenty of room. If they shrunk all that into a smaller package, I'd buy it.
+1

my "company" car is a 07 lincoln mkx and i was thinking the
STI and it would look cool together. the resemblance is big from behind.

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
+2...though I can't completely discount the BMW 135i if it's comparable in price.
I too am considering over the BMW 135i, since Subaru decided to take a crap on the boxer engine, and try to sell it to us. Though, it would be hard to go from 4 doors to 2. However, if they introduce a BMW 135xi I'm sold. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts