ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently (this week) picked up a '20 WRX after (what I intended to just be) a test drive. Had decided that the econobox (Focus) I was in was no longer driveable with the dumpster fire of a tranny and started looking for a fun/cheap/available manual. Choices were largely: Gently Used Focus STs, or GTIs and WRXs. I drove all three, but couldn't pull the trigger on the previous two. Since I grew up on Subies (learned/tested to drive on a manual '85 GL Wagon), it felt pretty good to get behind the wheel again after a string of low energy econo boxes.
All I can say: I seem to find any excuse to get back in it. Cheese Sauce? Sure, I'll go get some cheddar! Forgot a piece of paper at work? I'll be right back!
Been salivating after the WRX since the Bug Eyes days. I'll be trolling here for suggestions on floor mats, what oil poeple like, etc.
And, I just remembered something I need at work (It's vacay week, I'm a teacher). Be back in a little bit...

·
10,639 Posts
Weathertech for life. It's the only ones I've found that last any reasonable time under my work boots

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree, Weather Tech is the only way to go for floor mats! As far as oil, you will get 100 people that give you 100 recommendations. It's really preferential to the user. As long as it meets the requirements of what your owner's manual says. I personally use Costco oil. Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, Weather Tech is the only way to go for floor mats!
Mine came with the all weather floor liners. They seem pretty nice and the mats are still wrapped in the trunk. Are the WT's any better than the factories?

·
10,639 Posts
Mine came with the all weather floor liners. They seem pretty nice and the mats are still wrapped in the trunk. Are the WT's any better than the factories?
In a matter of a few weeks driving my forester I wore a hole through them and they had to be replaced. Same as my Jeep (same manufacturer for the mat). Weathertech, solid as a rock

·
Registered
349 Posts
Weathertech are awesome & far better than the factory winter mats but I wish they completely covered the dead pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts