ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, brand new to the forum. Brand new to WRX ownership (2014 WRX Hatchback). Long time admirer. I am on day three of my WRX ownership and it's everything I thought it could be and more and more and more. Long story maybe made longer, definitely not made short. I have been looking for a car for over five years. But I had some pretty firm requirements. I wanted a vehicle that got decent gas mileage, all wheel drive, made by a solid company, some room to move a few things (I have a hatchback cha-ching!) and is fun to drive. Whenever I told my co-workers and friends about my expectations they would say that's going to be a tall order to fill, a few even said I'm looking for a unicorn. Fast forward to the end. I am on a vacation currently with my wife and I realized we were going to be driving through a Knoxville, TN. Previously I had seen a pretty sweet deal (2014 Impreza WRX Hatchabck Base, 9500k miles, $4k under KBB, no accidents, one owner, completely stock, zero mods) at a dealership online and had bookmarked it thinking "I'll never see this car but here's hoping." When we got there I popped in for a quick test drive kind of expecting it to have hose, belt or tire rot and/or signs of sitting, or be sluggish and cranky because of moisture build up. I kept telling myself there's something wrong, it's leaking oil, the seals are all bad, something. Wrong on all counts, it's practically new inside and out, not a scuff or wear mark anywhere. The former owner drove it at least once a week, it was a weekend fun car but his wife didn't like it because it was stick and she couldn't drive it. He traded it in for a BMW 435i convertible (blech!). Anyway, much to my wife's surprise we are finishing out our vacation in separate cars going home. I had told the salesman part of my journey and when we left he said 'Looks like you got your unicorn after all!' I am naming her 'Kismet'.

·
Æternum
19,734 Posts
Welcome to club and congrats!

Incidentally, does anyone actually listen to talk radio any more?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts