Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to drive along Highway 1 near Half Moon Bay yesterday, went to the lighthouse and came back to find a long scratch across the top of my trunk. I thought either a pebble somehow flew over my car and was able to skate about 2.5 inchs in a straight line across my trunk had happened or someone thought that my trunk was a great temporary table to use...who knows. So here I'm asking whats the best way to remove a long scratch, it does not feel deep at all, very shallow. I've heard about Subaru OEM touch up pens, and scratch repair kits. What's my best best on fixing this scratch?

Here's a pic of it :(
https://imgur.com/a/BC77F

· Registered
42 Posts
I second Dr. Colorchip. I had a shallow scratch approx 12 inches long on a rear quarter panel. I used as directed, applied maybe 3-4 times over a few days, and it slowly disappeared. Can't even see it anymore, and the paint matched perfectly. I also used it on a few tiny rock chips and they disappeared as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.