ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this 2.5i long runner intake manifold still Installed on a Impreza in the junkyard so I snagged it for 30 bucks and I was wondering what kind of fuel rails would fit them? For example would torque solution or IAG fuel rails fit on the manifold?

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Assuming this is a manifold from an SOHC Impreza 2.5i, the manifold will utilize OEM fitment top-mounted injector rails.

The manifold is a relatively good choice, as I understand, with significantly improved plenum volume and higher-flow runners compared to the Turbo Subaru manifolds.

Hopefully you have associated top-end work done else this will inevitably be an endeavor in futility.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies for not making my question more clear. So I currently have an 06 WRX and yes I found the long runner intake manifold from a 2.5i SOHC (should’ve mentioned, sorry) my question was if I can utilize aftermarket fuel rails on this manifold.
Thanks in advance!

Assuming this is a manifold from an SOHC Impreza 2.5i, the manifold will utilize OEM fitment top-mounted injector rails.

The manifold is a relatively good choice, as I understand, with significantly improved plenum volume and higher-flow runners compared to the Turbo Subaru manifolds.

Hopefully you have associated top-end work done else this will inevitably be an endeavor in futility.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Right, so my answer stands. If the rails are OEM fitment for your car, they should also fit that manifold.

That said, you might consider utilizing your stock rails in a parallel arrangement. It was a "mod" that was popular a decade or more ago: converting to parallel... more evenly distributes fuel pressure within the rails.

Aftermarket rails are hardly an upgrade until you are in really serious territory (multi-stage injection, closed fuel cell, surge pumps etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts