ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sound system is soon to be complete!

I've had a box and wires sitting in my trunk for quite some time, and they will finally be put to use when my amplifier and subwoofer arrive in a few days.

My trunk literally has a "lonely" look to it, with the loose wires and empty box sitting there. I bought the box a while ago, but deciding on an amp and sub combination took some time. My friend and I wired the car for installation weeks ago, too, so it's been ready for some time. Within the next week, I'll also be wiring in a 1-farad capacitor.

Here's a "before" picture... so sad and empty... and in a few days I'll have a good "after" picture for display.

Audio Specs
Head unit: '03 Alpine CDA9811
Amplifier: '04 MTX Thunder502
-RMS power: 500w
-Peak power: 1000w
Subwoofer: '03 MTX Thunder8000 12"
-RMS power rating: 400w
-Peak power rating: 800w
Capacitor: Tsunami 1-farad
Wires: Legacy 4-guage

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice setup...I would like to see more people to show off their car audio equiment. I'm getting my car setup for a system as well, so I would like to see what people have done to their WRX's. Trying to get some idea of the sub setup, front stage, and hu's. Keep 'em coming guys

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've got an Alpine CDA-7998, Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 Components, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12" Sub, Audiovox Sirius Satellite Radio, Kicker KX800.4 Amp. I wanna check out if there is any body that is into SQ for WRXs and what they have done to get the best sound possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought the headunit for my up and coming system, it's a Panasonic CQ-DVR909U - in-dash CD/DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD unit with a built-in center speaker. I am debating about something along the lines of the mattjk screen as of right now, but as for the rest of the audio, I'm gonna get Infinity Kappa's all around with some decent amp, and I've got a 12" Kicker CompVR and an Orion Cobalt 150.2 amp for that. I'm also going to get either a 6 or 8 CD Panasonic changer as I have read that the HU isn't the friendliest to CD-R's, plus I like having a bunch of CD's available at once without having to do a bunch of switching.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
will post pic's soon. I work at a Stereo shop in LA, you guys should consider the Kenwood 7015 as a headunit, it looks stock, yet kicks. Also, for SQ, there are some tricks to the trade. We have an RTA and used to have a car we competed with IASCA and USAC and a few first place finishes. Unfortunately, WRX's are not well suited for such endeavors. Go ahead, ask any question you've got, as I've been doing Car audio for too many years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
yeah i checked that out before...thats pretty clean install and setup. Did u manage to get the fan setup for the amp? How about the grill? I think the fish man grill would look cool on the sub.

·
Registered
465 Posts
jimmy04wrx said:
yeah i checked that out before...thats pretty clean install and setup. Did u manage to get the fan setup for the amp? How about the grill? I think the fish man grill would look cool on the sub.
The amp never gets too hot under there. Haven't had a single problem with it. As for the grill I need to find something. Whats the fish man grill?

·
Registered
181 Posts
yup i work at circuit city haha. they are a little bit big. they are the exact same ones u saw at circuit. there are some other grills that are lower profile but dont look as nice, but u can always shop around.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
jimmy04wrx said:
I would like to see more people to show off their car audio equiment. I'm getting my car setup for a system as well, so I would like to see what people have done to their WRX's.
Started this thread a few months ago. Gives you another *different* idea for sub enclosures. Hopefully I'll get motivated to finish one of these days :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
svc said:
Started this thread a few months ago. Gives you another *different* idea for sub enclosures. Hopefully I'll get motivated to finish one of these days :eek:
yeah i just noticed the tread today. thats pretty nuts. there's pretty much no more use for that extra space u got with your wagon, but a great sound system will make it well worth it. haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Trunk Finally Finished!

Here's the finished sound system... it sounds amazing! (By the way, I'm aware that the sub is upside down lol... I originally planned to position it laying flat, the other way around but it sounds better this way, I just haven't gotten around to realigning it)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts