ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car was supposed to be in in May, but for whatever reason, they were behind. So possibly it was going to come in in June, unfortunately they didn't have a VIN so they couldn't give me an ETA. Today I finally got some good news, my dealer emailed me saying she has a VIN for the car. Lol, I was almost worried it didn't exist. It's on the boat now and the ETA is the first week of July, but she said that they are usually early. Can't wait to get the car!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations when did you order?
May 14th, I got lucky and saw one on their incoming inventory so I put a hold on it immediately. So I guess a month late isn't bad, especially considering what I've heard from other people.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is AWESOME news, bpanda!!!! I am gonna call up my dealer tomorrow to see if he got a VIN for mine too since we are so close to each other. This post has given me hope that I will actually have my 2012 before the 2013's are on the showroom floor, haha.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats. It is such a fun car and the WRB is absolutely the best color.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is AWESOME news, bpanda!!!! I am gonna call up my dealer tomorrow to see if he got a VIN for mine too since we are so close to each other. This post has given me hope that I will actually have my 2012 before the 2013's are on the showroom floor, haha.
Hope you'll get some good news too! It's not terrible timing for me either, other than me not feeling comfortable buying parts for a car I don't have so I'm waiting until it's mine. A lot of the things I want will take a little time to be made/sent, but I just don't want to order them only to find out there is something wrong with the car and I have a few hundred dollars in paperweights. I'll actually be back in the burbs at the end of the month, perfect timing for me to pick it up.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:( i ordered March 23 :(
I didn't really "order" mine though, I took one that they had coming already. It had a couple of things on it I could really care less about, but I wanted the car too much :D

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What options did you get?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What options did you get?
It came with what I think they call their "sport package". I think it includes: STI STS and STI shift knob (I'd rather just have a WRX knob, but whatever...), side moldings, all weather floor mats, and auto dimming mirror with compass. I don't know if that's all that is in the package, but that's what was put on my car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats, Panda. Post some pics as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing how it looks with side moldings (and curious about the all weather floor mats, too).

·
Registered
119 Posts
You may not be to crazy about the knob, however, the STS is certainly a nice thing to have.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may not be to crazy about the knob, however, the STS is certainly a nice thing to have.
Well, I bought the STI bushing too (which will be installed at the dealership), but I just don't like having something that says STI on it when my car clearly isn't an STI... I guess I have the STI STS and bushing, but I don't think that means I should have a knob that says STI.

Anyone know if I'll get the stock shift knob also because the STI one is something I paid for?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hear ya not wanting to rep something you don't have. IDK about getting the stock one also...maybe if you ask?...but you could probably get a plain jane aftermarket one for pretty cheap if you just dont want it to say STI.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I bought the STI bushing too (which will be installed at the dealership), but I just don't like having something that says STI on it when my car clearly isn't an STI... I guess I have the STI STS and bushing, but I don't think that means I should have a knob that says STI.

Anyone know if I'll get the stock shift knob also because the STI one is something I paid for?
Agreed. I don't want anything that says STi on my WRX.

I just called SoA and no luck getting a VIN. Looks like I'm still playing the waiting game :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope you hear something soon. I was so relieved that my car now has a VIN because that's finally telling me that it actually exists :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Now I'm a little upset and here's why. My roommate always wanted an evo and I always wanted an STi. I guess after a while he caught on and realized that I was right the subie would be a better car to have than the mitsu. After looking more into the STi, I determined that it wasn't really worth it for me to get the STi when the WRX specs are SO close to it for so much less money (and I can use the saved money to make the upgrades I want.) My roommate was convinced too and just so happened to be looking for a car at the same time I was. So when I went to negotiate for a car, we were negotiating for 2 WRXs at the same time to get a better deal. We both went for the limited sedans with no accessories since we are gonna add the stuff we want ourselves. He ordered a SWP and I wanted the WRB. (at least we'll have different colors) I don't mind that my best friend is gonna have the same car as me though, more reason to start customizing it right away. Plus we got a RIDICULOUSLY good deal on the cars.

What I AM upset about is, he got a VIN and an ETA yesterday! (and my order was even put in the computer 2 minutes before his lol) He was told his would be in on 7/5 but I have a feeling it may be a little sooner. The dealer said he still doesn't have any info on my car yet but I'm hoping that will change next week. I didn't realize it took longer to paint a car blue than it does to paint it white...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I guess it all depends on how they were working on the cars, maybe his was already being built for some reason... It sounds like it's probably on the same ship as mine, they said it would be in early July, but expect it to come in maybe even late June. That kinda sucks though, I went the the same kind of thing. I haven't told any of my friends that I'm getting a new car because they always just showed up on my doorstep when they got theirs without telling me. So of course, without him knowing, one gets a new car (well, new to him)... A BMW 135i... It should be a good race between us as long as he doesn't put any work on it. I know how you feel though. Lol, I'll come show you mine when I get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts