ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up my 2011 WRX earlier this year - been wanting one since 2004 and I freakin' LOVE this car.

As soon as it was past its engine break in I did an Invidia TBE and protune which made a huge difference. The stock tune on this thing was complete garbage and overnight it was a completely different car with more power and a smoother powerband

Anyways, I'm just not sure what the logical next steps are for mods. With the current setup she ran 250HP and 280TQ on the dyno. In terms of goals, I'm just looking for a good balance of power and reliability. Was thinking of the following:

Process West TMIC
Invidia Upipie
Intake (not sure which one)

From what i've read it sesms like any one of these mods by itself won't yield much, but if I did all three at once and then had the car retuned, do you think it would make much of an impact? Also, any other goodies I should be considering which will make the car run better?

The other option is to skip the additional mods and do a stereo, sound deadening and radar detector instead. Gotta love the factory wrx stereo. :barf:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Zev

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
2006+ Subarus do not need up pipes, I would personally skip that step but purchase a set of ported/coated exhaust manifolds.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I would also recommend a good set of injectors, 650cc or 750cc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! What is the purpose of the ported/coated exhaust manifolds...and am i really running enough power at tis point to benefit from injectors?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
The ported manifolds are just another power mod.. Coating them helps keep the heat inside the pipe and not getting out to your motor.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You chose the top mount I ordered.. The intake I think I like Cobb because it's a nice clean looking box.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I have the Process West TMIC on my 2004. WRX If the 2011 model is anywhere near as well built, you have chosen well.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Ported manifolds aren't a bad idea, higher flowing injectors are a good idea. I would also add a 3-port EBCS to your list.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, thanks fellas. So mu current mods plus a manifold, intake, TMIC, ECBS and injectors. Are we still in the realm of reliability here do you think? Any guess as to what kinds of gains this would get me? Also can anyone give me a quick rundown (or link) to why the EBCS is important?

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. Much appreciated!

-Zev

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Grimmspeed.com sells an electronic boost control solenoid. They will have a write up. It helps control boost.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
That setup should still be pretty reliable. It's when you go beyond that that reliability kinda goes out the window.. of course that's also where the real fun starts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome. Thanks for all your input! I'm assuming a need a retune for 750cc injectors, but does anyone know if you need a tune for an intake, TMIC and header?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You should also be looking into handling and braking mods so the car is capable of handling those power levels. Right now with stock setups for both things, it's not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts