ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is bored on Sunday and can get themselves out of bed early, swing by the 'Thunder Valley' moto track in Lakewood and watch/heckle the racing action.

We'll be racing in the morning session. Practice is at 7am. Racing probably starts at 8 or 9.

Afternoon session for the Pros and Amateurs (the fast guys) begins at 2pm.

-Pace

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride a Honda CR250 (red) with number 441. I'll either be wearing all-blue or all-red Thor gear, with a red-white-blue helmet. Not sure yet what class I'll ride, but it will definitely be one of the morning (novice) classes.

My buddy also rides novice. Number 419 on a Kawasaki (green).

Gate fee is $10 I believe.

Jeff, if you swing by then bring a camera with you..?

If you come from Lakewood, take the directions Jeff gave. Otherwise from the north, south, or west, take the Morrison exit off C470 and head up the road past Bandimere all the way to Jewel. Left, over C470, then right before dinosaur ridge.

-Pace

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Pace,

Have fun, kick some arse and be safe, I would like to come watch except I have a dog run I need to build this weekend.

Kory

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have had better weekends, but there was some positive..

Moto1: Got a good start.. about 5th going into the first turn. A rider fell directly in front of me in the second turn, taking me down and borking my left radiator pretty good. Rejoined the race last (25th) and after another brief excursion into the dirt, fought my way back to 15th before I ran out of time and hit the checker (these are 4-lap 'sprint' races).

Moto2: The gates drop... only, mine jams. I pause for a second to see if it will drop. It doesn't, so I go wide open and hope that I can knock it flat. Instead, it jams itself between my front tire and fender. It takes the lineman about 30 seconds to free my bike from the gate, by which point I start the race about a quarter of a lap down. This time I made it to 17th before I hit the checker.

My buddy finished 4th overall. I think he passed his legendary bad-start-juju to me.

-Pace

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
sounds like fun, sucks to hear a little bad luck had its way with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts