Subaru WRX Forum banner

Live in Colorado with wheels+ tire question

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  363426 
#1 ·
Just got a 16 wrx premium with stock everything on it so it comes with 245/40R18. I need to get snow tires but I’m looking used and on this rim size there is a big lack of tired. I was wondering what size wheels will fit on the stock set up with the bolt size being 5-144. Is there a good size wheel that might be smaller that fits with the stock brakes and yet give me more options for snow tires. If I can find a used set of wheels and tires that fit then it will be worth it to me to not have to change out and balance my tires every season change. If someone could give me some insight that would be great I have searched for some info and not having any luck finding anything

#2 ·
I've got a set for sale, basically new condition. They are 17" Blizzaks. Worked perfectly for me when I was in Michigan and I think they would look great on a white car.. just saying :woocow:

#4 ·
Up until this morning the set included wheels. But now I'm not sure. Tires for sure gotta go as I don't need them. 17's are usually cheap and you don't have to pay for unmount/remount every season

#7 ·
I live in Minnesota and in 2016 when I bought my 2017 WRX Limited, I started looking for 17" wheels for my winter tires.
I found a set of BBS STI wheels for $200 and put 215/45R17 Blizzaks on them. Also installed TPMS on them, so
each winter and spring I go in to the Subaru dealer and have the re-installed tires flashed (no cost).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.