ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my brother and I had to drive our mom's Plymouth minivan from Florence, AL to the Atlanta airport to pick up my parents. They would be fairly late on a plane coming from Russia. The trip passes through Moulton on the way. Coming out of Moulton is a spot where the right lane ends, merging into the left. All of this is going into an EXTREMELY long, wide curve with no vegetation, so all the curve is visible from all other points.

On the way out, I'm driving at 10 over the speed limit, already by the end of the white lines seperating the lanes. Out of nowhere, some little white 2-door (domestic of some sort, like an Olds or something) comes FLYING up, doing 85 mph (in 55 zone) easily. He goes on my right, forcing me partially from my lane into the lane for oncoming traffic while he veers around me partially on the shoulder. As he passes the "WORK ZONE: SPEEDING FINES DOUBLED" sign, he flips up the good ol' middle finger while I lay on the horn. My brother says to me, "Going like that, he's gonna get pulled in less than a mile."

I look up and see a Moulton police car coming the opposite way, then see his front end dive as he SLAMS the brakes, slides onto the shoulder, cuts the wheel and whips the back end of his car around. I'm amazed...the tire-smoking turnarounds were reserved for movies, I had thought. Traffic ahead prevents him from passing me, so I pull half on the shoulder to let him by. The police car flies by me, then I see the glorious blue and red lights turn on when he gets right behind the white car.

As we pass, I point and laugh and my brother smiles, waves and gives a huge thumb's up. Chock one up for the good guys. OWNED.

Oh, we suspect he got slapped with some serious stuff too, considering he was going a minimum of 30 mph over the speed limit where the fines were doubled, the cop SAW him passing on the shoulder and running me from my lane and it was early July 5, so sobriety tests came first in stops. Hahahaha, sucks to be him.

RN

·
Registered
647 Posts
hahaha thats awesome dude! i love when stuff like that happens to dicks. But...i am never lucky enough to have a cop around when some one is tailing them, then swerves to cut me off.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
this may sound dumb, but isnt the expression 'chalk one up' not 'chock one up'?? not trying to correct you..just trying to find out if I have been saying the wrong thing for 23 years.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ElBartoRex said:
this may sound dumb, but isnt the expression 'chalk one up' not 'chock one up'?? not trying to correct you..just trying to find out if I have been saying the wrong thing for 23 years.
It is "chalk one up" but that's the take-off that has developed here. When pronounced, people here end up saying "chock" instead of "chalk" so I didn't even think of spelling it properly...sorry about that.

RN

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nope, the tire-spinning turnaround is used all the time. It's the only way to get a Crown Vic to face the opposite way in the space available :)

You put the right rear wheel on the shoulder, crank the wheel full left, and nail it. The limited-slip rear cars do it much better than the later ones with one-wheel-peel.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If i remember what i learned in drivers ed correctly, 30mph over the speed limit is a FELONY :eek: . And especially if it was in a construction zone, this guy must have gotten owned like non-other! :) i love it when people get screwed by the cops after doing stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dude might have been a teen. If not, he wasn't far from it. He did have the greasy, pimply faced, angry teen look down extremely well.

RN

1 - 18 of 18 Posts