Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets go auto guys, list all the mods done to your automatic rex's and possible quarter mile times if you want!! Lets get a good thread going here!!!

Rob

·
Registered
95 Posts
'02 WRX Sedan Auto
WR Blue

Mods: MBC, Vishnu Upipe, Samco Hoses
Times: ???

·
Registered
50 Posts
'02 WRX Wagon (automatic, of course)

Silencer Delete
K&N panel filter

Best slip so far: (1/8th mile)

R/T: .709
60': 2.029
330: 6.160
1/8: 9.594
MPH: 71.57

I have a homebuilt MBC now, and a ghetto intercooler sprayer, but I haven't had a chance to test that particular combination yet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
2002 Subaru WRX 4eat
WR BLUE
-----

-3" catback exaust, custom made
-elliminated all cats but one
-magnaflow racing exhaust
-one free mod(dont know exectly what it is though)

i love my car, and i added this new mod last night, some friend told me about it, its a free mod and now i getting better boost response ;-)! my car should be in the mid to high 14's right now... 14.6+ with a good launch.

the free mod took like 2 minutes to do, we disconnected some hose and put a different connecter with a larger hole for more boost. i dont know what its called but its suppose to help.

i have messed around with a number of mt wrx's, ive won everytime from a roll. i lost once to a wagon :-(!!!!! i messed around for a second with this silver wagon mt wrx, i killed it, mostly because he didnt know how to drive stick. he stalled it once, and then he like missed the gear or something.

those are all my mods as of right now, next week ---> silencer removal!

·
Registered
18 Posts
3" catback exhaust
K&N Airfilter
Removed Silencer
Hallman MBC @ 17.5lbs

·
Registered
4 Posts
aem intake,i/c hoses,uppipe,d/p,mbc,catback,sti injectors,t3/t4 turbo,pulley,bov,pro torque convertor,level ten valvebody,waiting for utec,future plans fmic. best time on the g-tech with stock turbo,injectors and stage 2 unichip was 13.5 stand still 14.0 @16psi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check my sig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mods in the sig.

Best run so far:
r/t: .562
60': 1.804
1/8: 8.395 @ 80.66
1/4: 13.250 @ 102.11

Padre :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
whats the best fitting turbo back exhaust for the automatics, i was looking at stromung and mrt, cant decide, only gonna do basic mods plus dont wanna lose low end power and throttle response, please lemme know what u guys have...thanx
any one of u guys from so cali?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
showcasewrx said:
whats the best fitting turbo back exhaust for the automatics, i was looking at stromung and mrt, cant decide, only gonna do basic mods plus dont wanna lose low end power and throttle response, please lemme know what u guys have...thanx
any one of u guys from so cali?
Any aftermarket downpipe + cat-back will make a perfectly-fitting turbo back as far as I know...works great for me :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
ellinopedo182 said:
2002 Subaru WRX 4eat
WR BLUE
-----

-3" catback exaust, custom made
-elliminated all cats but one
-magnaflow racing exhaust
-one free mod(dont know exectly what it is though)

i love my car, and i added this new mod last night, some friend told me about it, its a free mod and now i getting better boost response ;-)! my car should be in the mid to high 14's right now... 14.6+ with a good launch.

the free mod took like 2 minutes to do, we disconnected some hose and put a different connecter with a larger hole for more boost. i dont know what its called but its suppose to help.

i have messed around with a number of mt wrx's, ive won everytime from a roll. i lost once to a wagon :-(!!!!! i messed around for a second with this silver wagon mt wrx, i killed it, mostly because he didnt know how to drive stick. he stalled it once, and then he like missed the gear or something.

those are all my mods as of right now, next week ---> silencer removal!
I don't think that you will be in the mid to high 14's. You may I can't say for sure. I am running an MBC and Cat-back with silencer removal and the best time I got was 15.6 @15psi. I usually run consistent 15.8's. My launches usually suck. And I believe the mod you did was the restrictor mod. You replaced a 1/8 restrictor with a 3/16 restrictor.

There is another wagon that frequents i-club running pro-torque convertor, TC lock-up, VF-34, Vishnu Stage 0, and turbo back exhaust and his best is 13.4. With the stage 0 map. He now has a stage 2 map with STI injectors. He hasn't gotten a chance to run again.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Blitz DSBC Spec R, RVM 3" Turboback, Scoobysport up-pipe, ITG filter, Samco hoses, Turbo Specialties Garrett hybrid TD04, 17" Rota Tarmacs, Sumitomo HTR+ tyres, Greddy EGT, VDO boost, Indeglo guage faces, JUN eyelids, black chrome headlights, Eaglite 115w Xenon bulbs, Hella driving lamps, 20% tint, Clear Bra, Painted sideskirts and mirrors, Subaru (Brembo) 4 pot brakes, steel braded brake lines....

Plans:

FMIC, Radiator, Transmission cooler, Torque converter mod, UTEC, injectors, Stereo.....

Damn...I just relized the wife's car has more mods than mine!!!

:eek:

should be a fun car next summer....

·
Registered
275 Posts
lol... I still update this list!

Engine:
Blitz 1.3 bar radiator cap
COBB Tuning 3 inch cat-back exhaust
GReddy front mount intercooler
Hayden 403 tranny cooler
Helix Flex uppipe
HKS Earth Circle ground kit
IHI VF30 turbo
Injen intake
STi 565cc injectors
TurboXS 4 inch downpipe
TurboXS high flow cat
TurboXS Type-H blow-off valve
Walbro 255lp fuel pump

Management:
Blitz Dual turbo timer
COBB Tuning Accessport Stage 2.5 reflash

Suspension:
Cusco front sway bar
Cusco rear sway bar
Cusco H-underbrace
GReddy GRex front strut bar
STi replica rear strut bar

Exterior:
C-West side skirts
C-West rear lip
Pink "WRX"
STi foglight covers
STi grill
STi projector
STi side marker
STi V5 replica spoiler
2004 taillights

Interior:
OEM carbon fiber style dash
No I.C.E.

·
Registered
264 Posts
02 Silver 4EAT
Bosal Downpipe
Gutted Midpipe
Bosal Catback
HKS Uppipe
Cobb Stage 2 AP
Grounding Mod
Front/Rear Strut Bars
Rear Sway bar

In 5 days.......
Cobb Stage 2.5
VF34
STI Injectors
Wal Fuel Pump

·
Registered
24 Posts
WRX said:
wow here's a thread that came back from the dead!
With this kind of resurrection, I gotta do my part - here's my contribution to the "thread of the undead"

03 4EAT sedan
Sti uppipe
Stromung downpipe w/high flow cat
Stromung catback
Perrin IC hoses
Protorque'd TC
Hayden #678 stacked plate tranny cooler
Currently running Cobb reflash, stage 1 map
(waiting on Cobb AP -- they say I'm good to go to stage 2 Map)
Prodrive Springs
Cusco adjustable rear sway bar

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
MY04 4EAT
Engine Mods:
+Unichip
+565cc sti injectors
+ IHI SPEC C VF30
+Intake Silencer Removed
+helix upipe