ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been comtemplating picking out a project car for something to do. I've considered a lot of different factors, but today I was wondered how common cars with forged internals are. I am familiar w/ 03 and 04 cobras possessing forged internals, but I thought some of you guys could post other cars that have them.

Thanks
para

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Stumbo said:
I think LS1s have forged Cranks & rods. Sombody correct me if im wrong.
nope
hyperutic pistons cast crank and a powder metal conectibng rod i believe...:wiggles:
Still verry strong, LS1 internals can probably live to about 650 HP...
leme think, i know all cobras have a forged crank, there is the ford GT it has fully forged internals, the lightning is not forged internals, Evo has forged internals, and i think the other 4G63s have forged internals, but i may be wrong... Most exotics have forged internals...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vette Dude said:
i think the other 4G63s have forged internals, but i may be wrong...
I recognize that 4G63 series, but refresh my memory what other cars get that block.

para

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
US WRXs have forged crank, STi's have forged cranks and rods.

S2000s have forged crank, rods, and pistons.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
dark_rex said:
SRT 4 and 10 are both forged internals. in fact, the pistons are forged with the rods, then cracked.

incredible sturdy motherf*ckers those MOPAR bastards. ;)
That's what I don't get - a 20k car has forged internals, but they can't slap 'em on the WRX for 25k??

-snowcat

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
the alteza / lexus is 300? may have forged inernals, i know it is a detuned supra motor... ZR-1 corvettes may have forged internals, but i do not remember...
all diesels have forged internals on the average...:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts