Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am in Philly. Must have a cheesesteak! Maybe tomorrow. My WRX is at home under the safe care of my wife (and kids). I reminded her to drive it extra hard so it won't miss me. She said she already did.;)

Anyway, I sort of derailed my own post right there. I decided when I got to town I would pay for an upgrade to a premium car. Actually to tell you the truth, I made my decision when I got to the stall where my car belongs at the rental car place, and found a gold Mercury Sable. Usually it is a V-6 Mustang, which is not huge prize, but at least it's two door and smaller than a full sedan. Really the best priced rental with my companies discount.

I had my designs on renting one of the Jaguars or Volvos that they have. It costs me $20 extra a day, but I was willing after I found they had no Mustangs. I waited for them to look around and call the guys in the lot. No good, only a Lincoln LS V8....what the heck, I'll take it.

That was yesterday evening when I picked it up, and tonight I dropped it back off. Decent acceleration, and very cushy, but I just can't get use to the big floaty feeling of that kind of car. Big Ol' sedan that was over-steered like a son of a *****. I just couldn't get use to it after driving the WRX.

They had a Mustang tonight, so I took it. Even gave me a convertable since I was inconvenianced. It is no WRX, but it's an alright fun car for a few days, and I save $20 a day.

Did I mention I missed my WRX?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hertz or Budget ?

Chi,

IIRC one of the two actually rent Subies. I think its Hertz. I rented an Outback Wagon in Phoenix and driving it was one of the factors that contributed to my getting the WRX.

$ .02

Clavo

·
Registered
424 Posts
I went to the General Motors "Auto Show in Motion" where I got to drive a Lincoln LS V8 around a coned auto-x course in the parking lot. I was slidin that thing around pretending to be some "Gettaway Limo Driver" or somethin'. Kinda fun, but sloppy to drive. There is just nothing like Full-OUT driving in a car that wasn't made for it like the Lincoln, or even better... the Pontiac Bonneville (which when I'm 70 will be my car!) The Bonnevilles Kick Ass for a 80-year-old-man's car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts