Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When specd out the same cla is about 6250 more than the limited wrx.

added cvt, autohomelinkcompas on Limited wrx
added panaramic roof, led headlights, rear spoiler, convience package, heated seats, keyless go on Cla

Wrx has more hp 268 vs 201
CLA has the same amount of torque but come on sooner 1250-4000 rpms

CLA is a MB so nicer interior can pick lighter interior colors vs wrx only 1 option.

Get 18's with wrx vs cla 17's wheels
CLA bigger trunk 13.1 vs wrx 12 cu feet

Can get android/apple auto for extra 350 for CLA

thoughts?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,618 Posts
Never been in a CLA, but it seems to me that these two cars are in different categories, one towards sports sedan enthusiasts, the other towards entry-level luxury. What are you looking for? HP numbers don't really tell the tale, nor do 0-60, etc, if you're really into driving. You'll need to go test drive them and get your own impressions. Go around some corners, feel the sensations that the car gives you, and decide which one makes you smile the most.

At least, that's what I tend to do.
Frankly, I always (and perhaps incorrectly) assumed that folks buy the CLA because it looks pretty sharp, has a nice interior, and has the Benz prestige. Subaru caters to something a little closer to the driving enthusiast, with the WRX and STI.
Just my 2 cents. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
I'd personally choose a Bimmer over a Merc. But between those two cars it depends on what you want out of your car. Luxury, comfort, gadgets etc. Or. Spartan, simple, rough around the edges, but fun to drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,573 Posts
When specd out the same cla is about 6250 more than the limited wrx.

added cvt, autohomelinkcompas on Limited wrx
added panaramic roof, led headlights, rear spoiler, convience package, heated seats, keyless go on Cla

Wrx has more hp 268 vs 201
CLA has the same amount of torque but come on sooner 1250-4000 rpms

CLA is a MB so nicer interior can pick lighter interior colors vs wrx only 1 option.

Get 18's with wrx vs cla 17's wheels
CLA bigger trunk 13.1 vs wrx 12 cu feet

Can get android/apple auto for extra 350 for CLA

thoughts?
Thoughts aren't as useful in this case as a car that runs.

If you'd actually trust a... Mercedes to run, go for it.

I see no rational reason to do so though. I'd not get anywhere near the Mercedes, and I'd consider a Honda, Toyota, or Subaru instead. This includes subsidiaries.

Your car, your call; happy shopping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Used 2013 Lexus GS350 AWD can be had for 30k with 20k miles on it.

Acura TLX is within the same price range as the CLA 4Matic specd out how'd you like it, plus it's bigger and you can get Acura's SH-AWD system.

Infiniti Q50 can be had for around 30k as well.

I'd consider all three of the above before purchasing the CLA 4Matic. It's a nice car but when you're looking to spend that amount of money I feel there are better cars than that. Since you're comparing it to a CLA I'm assuming you favor refinement and luxury. I say test drive the WRX Limited CVT to even see if you like it then take it from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts