Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some experiences regarding the 2003 Yellow coloured Impreza Spec R 1. According to information in Canada, there are 90 sedans and 35 wagons at the dealers showrooms. They are numbered 1 through 135.
Did anyone buy one of these limited edition Imprezas?
(I am located in British Columbia)

·
Registered
141 Posts
there are a few of the spec r 1's around

basically the difference's i can think of hand is that you get:

a set of 17" bbs wheels with tires in addition to the 4 stock 16" wheels with the re92's...
a momo shift knob...
a special edition numbered plate on the dash...
clear foglight covers..
security system upgrade...
spec r1 badge on the rear or the car..
spec r1 floor mats...

and a spec r1 owners manual wallet..

oh and it comes only in bling yellow!!

thats all i can think of..

i think that is pretty much the difference between a regular wrx and the spec r1...

Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. Guess what? Last saturday I bought one. I don't have the car yet, had to be ordered through a dealer in Vancouver. Hopefully the car should be here sometime this week. Any other owners out there in WRX land??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats! Jean Simon

you made a great choice in cars!!!

be sure to post some pictures to rub in the fact to our
american friends that they can't get a spec r1!!!!

your gonna love the car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the car yesterday. Did not come from Vancouver, but came out of Calgary. Complete with stickers on front window, back window, the back of both mirrors, on the spoiler, at the back of the car and large ones (graphics) on both sides (doors) of the car.

I have to think about the ones on the door, my wife, kids and neighbours think I should leave them on.

I always thought that my 1998 Prelude had some power, well this is better, a lot better.

I guess I am doing this all backwards. Most people start driving these kind of cars in their 20's and 30's, then when they get older they get into the Lincolns and Cadillacs. I'm 57 and had the Lincolns and Cadillacs when I was young. I bought a Kawasaki 1200 ZRX this spring. It's parked next to my Harley low rider. Am I stupid or what? Not according to my wife and kids, it's better than watching hockey games, drinking beer and eating pizza's, huh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking into the Spec R1
infact there were 2 available at the dealership in my neigbourhood. The salesman tried to convince me to pick one up, but I'm not a fan of the butter scotch yellow *shudder* I ended up getting a 2003 WRX Sedan in Platinum Silver Metallic...

What kind of decals did it come with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at one in Kamloops BC, this one did not have any decals. I refused to make a deal as I did not get what I wanted for my Prelude. I went to the dealer in 100 Mile House BC, they did not have the yellow one in stock. They phoned several other dealers in BC and Alberta in order to find one for me. A dealer in Calgary was willing to send a WRX Spec R1 to 100 Mile House. I was able to make a good deal with the 100 Mile House dealer. The Spec R1 came in one week later.

But there was a suprise though, as this Spec R1 was decked out with a decal package. First I did not like the decals and I was almost ready to take them of the car (easy to do with a hairdryer). The decal package is a $500.00 option for this car. I did not pay the extra money, because I just ordered the yellow without the decals, and the 100 Mile dealer did not know that the car had the decals on it till it came off the carrier.

The decals are on the top of the front and backwindows, one on the hood indicating "turbo charged", one on the front spoiler just above the licence plate, and decals on the doors. I really had to get used to it, most of my friends said "leave them on" which I did.

The problem with these decals is that if you remove them later, you will notice the difference in the colour on the car, as the colour will not fade under the decals. If one does not like them, one should take them of right away

As far as the colour of the car, it is not really "yellow" but a "musterd" colour. I did not like it when I first saw the colour, but now I do. It's really a car that is being noticed on the road. I found a car like it on a German website and will give you the URL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh thats actually pretty cool
and by the way, paint doesn't fade, (well at least paint that was made after 1998)... I dont know who told you that but you can leave the decals on and take them off whenever you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yellow Car

Nice Choise on the SpecR1. I got mine in August and love it. The only problem that I can see is all the parts that are out there for it. I started out with looking for a differant exhaust system just to let that Boxer engine rumble a bit louder. This has escalated to TurboXS Stage 4 with BOV and strut braces. The parts should start to roll in this week and I hope by the weekend I will have it all installed. It is a great car now but with improved power and handling it should be just silly. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
As soon as it is done I will let you know. As for if I will like it , there is no question. I ordered the parts through some differnt suppliers www.magnusmotorsports.com for TurboXS stage 2 UTEC. As Well as the TXS BOV.
I went to www.gruppe-S.com for the IHI VF 30 Turbo and STi injectors and www.subarustore.com for the fuel pump. I found it to save a bit of money over just going with the Stage 4 from Magnus. I think I saved about $650.00 US. Now I hope it all goes togather :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My R1 is #22

hello all,
My spec R1 is #22. I am in N Vancouver...awaiting my turbo XS stage 2 (once the UTEC is out for the 03s), Perrin pulley, air filter, Whiteline Springs.
I'm happy but I am hoping to get a stage 4 upgrade (possibly w/ion turbo instead of VF30) in the spring.
Cheers!

Brian Broz

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stage 2

Well I have just finished installing the TurboXS stage 2 in my car , as well as the TurboXS up pipe and BOV. The power gains are good and the sound is very nice. I also put a STi hood scoop on , which does nothing for power but looks good. I have the VF30 turbo and STi injectors sitting in the shop but I am not installing them until this spring ( kinda gives me something to look forward to )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.