Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow. my celica did better than that.

of course my celica spent more time broken and being worked on than it did running.

but the lightning driver gave me a big thumbs up....cept he didnt use his thumb.

his passenger gave me props tho...and got smacked upside the head. :cool:

haha and i discovered i was maknig like 10 less at the wheels than i should have been.

and my front wheel was at his door.

and he had mods.

hahahahahahaahahahah

:confused:

·
Registered
314 Posts
How modded was your celica? The gts has to be modded pretty heavily to keep up with a modded lightning.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Milin said:

of course my celica spent more time broken and being worked on than it did running.

but the lightning driver gave me a big thumbs up....cept he didnt use his thumb.

haha and i discovered i was maknig like 10 less at the wheels than i should have been.

and he had mods.

hahahahahahaahahahah

yeah....I think :confused: is a good face for your post. Dude, I didn't understand any of that!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Milin said:

and he had mods.

hahahahahahaahahahah

BS

misterx

·
Registered
314 Posts
MisterX, haha thats exactly what I was implying only I was trying to be nice and all that. Unless the lightning guy didnt feel like racing and just half pedaled it the whole time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WishIHadWRX said:
MisterX, haha thats exactly what I was implying only I was trying to be nice and all that. Unless the lightning guy didnt feel like racing and just half pedaled it the whole time.
my celica trapped in the low 90's

93-94 mph traps were normal.
i dunno what that equates to.

:eek:

dont ask me how...i was just the one driving.

man you guys can be as bad as clubsi
it was a GTS...
had every part out for the car save for nitrous.
and even that was sitting in a garage so yeah it was quick to say the least.
i destroyed a 13.8 second golf several times from a 3rd gear punch (it was a 1.8T)

you didnt ever ride in the celica so i suggest you stfu.
i will give it to him that i got a much better launch (partly tires, partly the fact that i did a perfect slip and he kinda chirped and spun a bit)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Milin, understand that you coming on a WRX board talking all kinds of $hit about your old GTS isnt gonna fly with most people here. That's just the nature of things. What do you think would happen if I talked about how fast my Mustang was on the F-Body boards?

Yes, you had a nice GTS. Was it fast enough to beat a Lightning? Who the hell knows? I'd be inclined to say no since the Lightnings at my track run 13.5's and below with just an exhaust or pulley upgrade.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i didnt beat it. i lost. i holeshotted him and sitll ended up at his door.

just saying that they arent the end all to performance.

a wrx should be able to murder one with a couple BPU's.

but the lightning is very easy to make fast as well.

but for christ's sakes....its a truck.

slap a big enough engine into ANYTHING and it will go fast.

ever seen those old pintos?

:D

when me and my father drove his s2000 home from the dealer a lightning with exhaust nearly killed the both of us as it ran in front of us and slammed on its breaks when we were chillin in the slow lane. (breaking it in)

then a vette tried the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been in a fixed up GTS 6 speed, as well as a lightning. Being hte only person in the GT-s it had nothing compared to the lightning with 3 180lb guys in it. I'm sorry, I don't believe the GT-s kept up for a second.

·
Registered
100 Posts
JHSPayBar said:
I've been in a fixed up GTS 6 speed, as well as a lightning. Being hte only person in the GT-s it had nothing compared to the lightning with 3 180lb guys in it. I'm sorry, I don't believe the GT-s kept up for a second.
:rolleyes:

you dont believe a completely upgraded
stripped out car
running open headers

could be near a stock lightning?

now i dont want to sound like it hink the GTS is a fast car, its far from "fast" but people running only a new airbox and uncorked exhaust have been known to run around 14.2 to 14.1

if you look at the dyno sheets from the mph plot, at 80 mph the car picks up and runs very similarly to many high 13 low 14 second cars, the problem is tuning the cam timing so that the powercurve extends lower down as well...which has not been done yet. this is also a function of the extremely short 1st and second gears which dont quite match up so that it can remain in the powerband.

but sure... :rolleyes: ill beleive someone who hasn't done ANY research or has ANY experience with htis particular car.

note that htis was only on this one instance

you people are worse than clubsi i swear

·
Registered
314 Posts
Stock eh? You directly stated that the Lightning was modified. Why are you going back on your story? And in another post you said you werent stripped out, but running full interior. Dude, get your facts on your car straight before you starts nonsense.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think your and my definitions of stock are very different.
his car had big chrome 20's
and soudned like it had an exhaust.
those were his mods.
if you consider his twankies its much more believable.

and i never stated I had full interior. i had interior FULLY STRIPPED.

why would I bother making something up on the internet? so i can get props from people ive never seen before. you people are beyond belief.

·
Registered
100 Posts
http://www.lightspeedperformance.cc/crmilincelica.htm

heres a link to the JDM headers install from my shop. (the shop i patronize)
theres various more pics of the car.

maybe i should clarify about interiors.
celica interiors have little tabs you can press in and take out the rear seats. my rear trunk pieces were damaged in a fire in the garage when i had them out, so theyve been out since, but that doesnt raelly amount to much. while i was at it i removed the spare and back seats and sound proofing material.

putting the interior in is amatter of bolting back up the seats and taking the semi burned trunk pieces and clipping them back on.

the lightning had rims, and after asking a lot of my ford driving friends, i think it had stock exhaust because lightnings normally emit that kind of sound.

keep in mind that i launch this car from about 7000 rpm....

im going home in a few weeks so hopefully ill be able to get in some more runs and see what it can really do and see if its just the woodlands plethora of ****ty drivers or its really the car.

either way im looking at low 13's as the next step of it...i think im going to keep the car for a little longer before i start work on the scooby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Impreza is not stock...It ran 5 cars just prior to the Lightning back to back..The clutch was getting very bad..People around actually asked to stop running because it smelled so bad..haha....
THe truck is very fast though (he clocked 13.0x last year and said it is faster now) and he knows how to drive it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
ford lightningz are very fast even in stock form!
damn ford made the truck faster than the rustangz except for the newer cobras of course

1 - 20 of 62 Posts