Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first standard car. Everyone is like light'em up light'em up. I understand that a straight cluch drop is bad for the tranny. Can one light'em up from a cluch slip? if so a small how to would be great? If a cluch drop is the only way can you also go in a little more indepth? I understand these are stupid questions but i just want to make sure i am doing things right, since i really do not have anyone to teach me.

what rpms to get a chirp on a drop/slip?
what rpms to really get a ripper on a drop/slip?

Some detail would really be great.

Also what about getting a chirp in second?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks to our awd and differential, only a slight chirp can be had in first if you drop it above 3500 rpm, that way the turbo is spooled. I accidentally dropped my clutch at 5500 rpm when i was slipping it and paying attention to the hot girls in the car next to me. And believe me I took off like a bat out of hell. I was starting to go when I thought i bogged my car and that of course would look stupid so i slammed on it a little to much and since the clutch was half way out i let it out all the way causing a chirp in my front tires. That is the great thing about awd. Just look at whenever a magazine tests the Skyline, they always drop the clutch at around 7-8k rpm. However our trannys can't take that abuse, but wouldn't it be fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.