ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 subaru wrx wagon. I live at 7,000 feet elevation and I get a ton of snow. This is the first winter with this car and I'm almost sure the guy before me put lowering springs on it. This car cannot handle snow. on the hardpack it is fine but when the snow hits the bottom of the car its impossible to drive. I was wondering how much and where I could get a lift kit for it. I want it higher than i the stock springs also.. I was also wondering was size tires can fit into my wheel wells without trimming for bigger tires.
Thank you

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
I'm not sure what his user name was on there, but there is a guy with a 06 WRX who installed Forester springs/struts/tires. He had to take the side skirts off to make the tires fit.

Pretty sure he's an active member on Dirtyimpreza.com

If you post a picture of your car's ride height then we can help you figure out if it's lowered or not :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what his user name was on there, but there is a guy with a 06 WRX who installed Forester springs/struts/tires. He had to take the side skirts off to make the tires fit.

Pretty sure he's an active member on Dirtyimpreza.com

If you post a picture of your car's ride height then we can help you figure out if it's lowered or not :thumbup:

Well There's snow all over it right now so itd be hard to tell. Is there anyway I could tell without taking pictures? :)

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Okay thank you :) I messaged him :)
Sure :D

The forester's suspension was based on the same geometry as the WRX, so the struts bolt right up. I just can't remember which forester is the one with the taller struts... I think it was the XT, but I'm not 100%

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
PM me if you want my stock springs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts