ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new plates in the mail, and they look great, since I got them personalized and they have my University's logo on them. I want to get a cover or something to protect them and keep them easy to clean. I was searching around and came across this. I have no idea if it works, but all I really want is a simple plastic cover and if it offers any other benefits, that's cool.
http://www.phantomplate.com/lo_photoshield.html
What do people recommend? In my state we need plates in the front and the rear, but I have no idea if it's illegal to have a plastic cover.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
ive got plastic frames on both my plates and ive been pulled over countless times for them...never ticketed though but pulled over!

·
Registered
461 Posts
How about a couple good coats of clear coat?
Or, maybe RockBlocker would work. You could see if a piece of bulk 3M product would adhere to the plate. It's worth asking him at least.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for that link! I was just about to a search for that as their starting to install red light cameras here in Santa Clarita/Valencia.

·
Registered
262 Posts
pjdwrx said:
How about a couple good coats of clear coat?
Or, maybe RockBlocker would work. You could see if a piece of bulk 3M product would adhere to the plate. It's worth asking him at least.
That is insane, but I have done it several times. Thanks PJ. You the Man!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
that license plate cover is bs, i didn't have a plate in the front at all and the cop got me on the laser. You don't need to have a plate in front because our headlights are good reflection spot for a laser too. So unless you paint your lights with the same stuff or put some kind of a cover, it won't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts