ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of spt springs and they are reallllly low. im getting annoyed with bottoming out and having to brace for impact on every bump, whats a good set of springs that will only drop the car an inch or less but will still give me a little better handling. thanks

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
^ these would work w/ uprated struts =- STi/Koni/and the like- too firm for oe struts

for oe struts lots of guys running STi takeoff springs (04-07)- lowering is minor at ~ 10mm, ofcourse these would work even better w/ uprated struts too

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ these would work w/ uprated struts =- STi/Koni/and the like- too firm for oe struts

for oe struts lots of guys running STi takeoff springs (04-07)- lowering is minor at ~ 10mm, ofcourse these would work even better w/ uprated struts too
so stock STI springs?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
yup- they have the same spring rates as the WRX "pink" springs- 223/192- it's a good bump from the oe WRX rates of 168/117. the drop is very close as well ~ 10mm (pinks may be closer to 15mm)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup- they have the same spring rates as the WRX "pink" springs- 223/192- it's a good bump from the oe WRX rates of 168/117. the drop is very close as well ~ 10mm (pinks may be closer to 15mm)
where can i buy these springs from?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
go to the for sale forums here, nasioc, i-club and iwsti

lots of these for sale used- usually in the $50-75 ballpark- can't beat that :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
go to the for sale forums here, nasioc, i-club and iwsti

lots of these for sale used- usually in the $50-75 ballpark- can't beat that :)
yea but dont springs wear out? wouldnt it be better to buy new?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
it would take years and years to wear these springs out- plus many of these springs are very low mileage- STi guys tend to go to the aftermarket stuff relatively quick :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts